Mugen Train Pt 4: Lowermoon 1

Peter gasped awake. His eyes immediately began analysing the area around him. He was on the train again, and all the passengers were asleep. He turned to the seat next to him, there he saw the guy that had invaded his dreams. He was fortunately still unconscious.

They had been bound by some rope that had a demon's scent attached to it. The rope had been cut and the human was restrained by some black goop. Peter sighed and reached for it. The goop immediately slithered off the human and back into himself.

Peter sighed and got up, but immediately jumped back into his seat.

"Oh sh--!" Peter clamped his hand over his mouth in shock.

There, in the middle of the aisle, stood the Flame Hashira Rengoku, fast asleep and choking some girl. The two of them were also bound together by the same rope. It took a moment for Peter to properly process what he was seeing.

"Okay. I'm just going to..."

Peter jumped into the air and attached himself to the ceiling. He carefully crawled over the sleeping hashira and landed next to his newly made friends.

They were all asleep and tied to a human with the same demon rope, except for Zenitisu, who was muttering something about Nezuko.

Peter walked over to Tanjiro. He was sleeping so peacefully. He almost didn't want to wake him up. Almost.

Peter crouched down so that he was eye level with the boy and gently slapped Tanjiro's cheek and whisper shouted, "Hey Tanjiro, wake up."

Tanjiro didn't wake up.

So Peter tried again and continued slapping him while repeating the words, "Wake up, Tanjiro. Wake up!"

Meanwhile, in the dream, Tanjiro was trying to figure out why his cheeks were so sore.

He did this for a solid minute before stopping when he heard a noise. He turned towards Nezuko's box, from which the young demon girl tumbled. She looked around with curious eyes, momentarily pausing when she saw the... uhh... situation with Rengoku.

She turned to look at her brother as Peter stood up. She still wasn't sure how to feel about him. She wasn't sure about a lot of things. One of the downsides of her transformation.

But Peter was different. He was obviously a demon, and demons were her enemy, but he acted human. He looked human and the aura he gave off felt somewhat human.

"A demon put everyone on this train to sleep. I'm the only one that broke free. Do you have any ideas on how to wake these guys up?"

Nezuko just hummed and walked over to her sleeping brother. Tanjiro is now shaking and whimpering, and both demons believe this not be a good sign.

"I have to wake up..." Tanjiro muttered in his sleep.

"He's aware of the situation," Peter states in amazement. He looks at the other slayers. None of them seemed to be making any effort to wake themselves up.

Nezuko walked over to Tanjiro and placed his hand on her head. She hums in dissatisfaction and lets go of his hand. Then, without warning, Nezuko headbutts her brother.

Peter cringes at the sound of bones cracking. At first, he assumes that Nezuko cracked Tanjiro's skull open. You could imagine his surprise when he sees the blood flowing out from Nezuko's forehead.

Tears fill Nezuko's eyes. She tries to say something through her bamboo muzzle before headbutting her brother again. At first, Peter thought something similar would happen. Instead, Tanjiro bursts into pink flames.

Peter jumps back, both from shock and instinct. He immediately notices that the fire isn't hurting Tanjiro, but his Spidey Sense is telling him to stay away from it.