The Demon Who Became A Slayer

The Hashira have assembled. They usually only came together for a meeting such as this only twice a year. However, their leader, Kagaya Ubuyashiki, called them to his mansion for an emergency meeting. The purpose behind it, all but one didn't know.

"I am curious as to why this meeting has been called." Shinobu Kocho, the Insect Hashira, proclaimed.

"We all are Kocho." Giyu Tomioka, the Water Hashira replied, his voice devoid of any care on the matter as usual.

"It better be something important. I'm almost done tracking a particularly elusive demon." Sanemi Shinazugawa, the hot-headed Wind Hashira, grumbled. He rarely had the patience for these sorts of things, but always managed out of respect for their leader.

"I understand you completely." The over-decorated Sound Hashira, Tengen Uzui proclaimed. "I too am in the process of hunting down an elusive demon. I predict that our fight will be particularly flamboyant."

"Please, contain yourselves, my friends, the master could be arriving at any moment." Gyomei Himejima, the blind and giant Stone Hashira, stated in his calm yet heavy voice.

'Gyomei, the way that you always remain calm is truly admirable.' Musturi Kanroji, the Love Hashira, thought, silently complimenting her larger colleague.

"He better not ask us to allow some brat to break the Corp Laws again." Obanai Iguro, the Serpent Hashira, stated from his usual spot in the branches of a nearby tree, his pat snake seemingly nodding in agreement.

"You're all in for a surprise, I assure you that much," Rengoku commented, his flaming eyes blazing with an extra dash of excitement.

'I wonder how many tiles are on that roof.' Muichiro Tokito, the Mist Hashira and the youngest within the Hashira ranks thought curiously, staring blankly at the roof of the mansion.

It turned out that they didn't have to wait for much longer, as the door to the mansion. The Hashira instinctively all bowed in an orderly line, only for their eyes to widen in shock as their master wasn't being accomplished by his wife or children as he usually was. Instead, he was being supported by a stranger wearing a red hooded haori.

"I appreciate your willingness to help, Parker, but you've already done so much for my health here you're supposed to be the guest." Ubuyashiki thanked the stranger, his blind gaze and kind smile directed towards the covered face of the stranger.

"It's not a problem, Ubuyashiki. Your children deserve a break and I'm more than willing to help care for your health. And please, call me Peter, less likely to bring up bad memories."

"Of course."

The Hashira stared frozen, shock written across their face. The only people to ever care for the Master were his wife and daughters. They had never seen him with a stranger, speaking of each other casually but with nothing but respect in their voices.

Unsurprisingly, Rengoku was the first to break free from his state of shock. His dropped jaw closed to form his signature smile and he yelled, "Hello, master! Good morning, Peter. I am happy to see you both so well."

As Peter helped the sick man to his mat, he grinned back at Rengoku, "I should be saying that to you, Rengoku."

"I'm not the one who carried most of the weight while fighting two of the 12 Kizuki in one night."

"Oh, shush. You're making me blush. Besides, it was a team effort."

The eyes of the rest of the Hashira, except Gyomei, darted Rengoku to the stranger and back again as the two naturally bantered with each other, kindly arguing with each other.