A traitor among us

flippity flap map nap in camp

They've driven you guys even deeper into the mountains. The streets are filled with rocks and sand. You look out of the window, the sun shining brightly onto the beige colours of the landscape.
After a while you arrive at the place.

You step out of the car with the others and look around in astonishment. A few tents, but very sparse looking infrastructure, nothing like you've heard. Behind the arranged camp a big rocky hill.
There are various people walking around, eating, packing things away.

„They've been planning this for over a year", Harriet says. „This is all for us only"
„You're lucky you found us... tomorrow morning we're off again" Sonya adds.

„Where's Vince?"

You look at her with a frown.

„Who's Vince?" Thomas asks catching up to the two of them.
Harriet turns her head and smiles. „He's going to decide whether you can stay"

Minho walks inbetween the girls. „I thought the right arm was an army?"

„Yeah we were" a sudden voice says and you turn your head towards it. A middle-aged man walks out of a tent in your group's direction. ‚That must be Vince'

„..What's left of us" he adds. „Many good people died on the way here... now who are they?"
„They're immunes" Harriet replies. "I know this guy.. Aris.. I trust him"

"I don't. Check them!"

You step a little closer to Thomas and he takes your hand into his squeezing it slightly. A few of the men are now circling you guys. You look to the side and see Brenda. A very sick looking Brenda. You want to reach for her arm but suddenly she collapses onto the floor.

"Brenda!" Jorge leans over her and you go on the other side, caressing her arm.
"What's up with her?" Vince asks and his hand then wanders down to a bandage on her leg. You step back again next to Thomas as Vince lifts the cloth up.

"Crank!! We have a Crank here!"

You look away from Brenda to Vince who now has his gun pointed to Brenda.

"NO NO NO"

Two of the man take Jorge away from her and his face shows great panic.
Thomas runs in front of the woman on the ground, his hands shielding himself. "Ok ok listen, it just happened, she is NOT dangerous yet!"
Vince's voice shakes in anger. "You should have never brought her here"
"I know.."
"If we take Cranks here the safe haven won't last a week"

Thomas nervously searches for the right words to calm Vince down. "Ok I get it, but I promised her that you could help her.. please there must be something"
Vince nods and then arranges the gun directly onto Brenda again. "I could shoot her on spot and release her from her suffering"

Your eyes widen and you can hear Jorge's screams.

"Vince! That's enough!"
You see a woman walk towards the scene with a quick pace. "Let him go"
And with that Jorge speeds over to Brenda again.
"She's infected Doc.." Vince explains. "We can't do anything for her"

The woman's gaze lands on Thomas and she smiles slightly. "No, but he can.. Hello Thomas"
You frown again but Thomas seems just as confused as everyone else. "You know me?"
The woman's smile fades away and she steps towards Brenda kneeling down, checking her pulse.
"Interesting.. I understand why they put you in the maze, although I feared they would kill you after what you did"