In this together

I'm so sorry for the wait, here we go :D

flippity flap take a look at the map ;)

It's the evening of the same day they have rescued the kids. Most are getting their well deserved rest.
Thomas' hopes are still high.
One thing, however, is worrying him to death.
„Minho was"
..?

- Thomas' pov -
I can't wrap my head around the fact that none of them have seen Y/n after being kidnapped.
I can feel myself get furious but try to tone it down since I need a clear head right now.
She's alright. She's alright. She's alright.
„My Y/n" I whisper „Wherever you are, I'll come get you"
It was like a promise to myself. A challenge.

In my head it suddenly clicks and I remember a map we've been looking at before.

Our little team is called into a meeting.

I slam the map onto the table. One place is marked with a black circle. „Here, this is it, a couple hundreds of miles. Everything Aris has mentioned suggests this place, this is where they're bringing Minho. And possibly Y/n." I look at Vince. „We're taking everyone who can fight, using the roads we could be back in a week!" I'm hopeful, I don't think I forgot any details. It will work.

„A week? We needed a couple months to get right here! We currently have more than a hundred kids here!" his gaze is strong, not leaving mine. „We can't just keep waiting here especially after what we just did. You want to go to a random place on this map while you don't even know what expects you there!!"

„I do"

We look over to Jorge, he walks over to us slowly.
„It's been some time but I was there" he points at the map. „ ‚The last city', that's what WCKD called it, their headquarters"
I feel a sudden heatwave through my body.
Jorge looks at me. „If this city still stands, then it's the last place you want to go to, hermano. Right into the lion's den."

I have to. „It wouldn't be the first time we do something like it"

„Yes! With lots of information and well made plans, a surprise. But now we have none of that! Last time we were this badly prepared I lost everything. Did you forget that?" His voice has got louder, stricter.
I know I can't convince him anymore.

„Look I know this is about Minho, and your Y/n. But you can't expect me to risk the lives of hundreds of kids for two of your people." He tones down again, obviously not wanting to hurt me. „I won't."

I don't know what to say. The only thing in my mind is that I need to rescue my friend and my girlfriend. Because I know they'd do the same.
Though there is no need to say anythinh because out of nowhere the radio starts making noise. Voices. Engines. Not just the radio, we can hear it from above too.

„Shit"

We rush all over the place. „Lights out!"

Vince and I run over to the little beach, watching the lights turn off one by one until it's all drenched in darkness again. A protective layer.
We can see WCKD's planes not too far away, searching up the ground for, well, us.

„You're right" I say „We need to leave"

Night falls and everyone is sound asleep.

Now obviously I didn't mean that. There's no way I would give up this rescue.
I grab my bag and make my way to one of the cars. I will try every way to get them back, whether I'll make it or not.

„Where do you think you're going then?"
A light flicks on and I see Newt standing there. I did not expect it. „Newt..." I say with a sigh.
He walks over to me. „Don't be a twat about it, I'm already in"
And with that he takes the bag from my hands and walks to the car. „Come"