7. You don't need me, do you?

PRESENT

"We're here." Alexander announced with a grin as he halted the car.

"Here where?" Emma asked, suspicious, looking outside.

"Just follow me." He said, getting out of the vehicle.

Albeit unwilling and doubtful, Emma did as he said, following him into a fairly new building. Too confused to speak, she didn't say anything as they took an elevasazsAtor up until the seventh floor. Once they did, they walked down a short corridor, reaching a light brown door. Much to her surprise, Alexander had a key to the apartment, so he let himself in. "Come on," he encouraged her, "you need to see this."

"What's this place?" She asked, entering slowly.

From the entrance, she could see one door to her right, which he opened. "This is the bathroom." Alexander explained. "It's not too big, but I think comfortable enough for a woman." Eyeing the bathtub, he added: "I'm sure that one will come in handy," he winked at her, but Emma was too flabbergasted to even notice and argue.

Grabbing her hand, Alexander took a few steps inside the apartment, Emma on tow. "It's basically a loft, you know, so this whole room is split: kitchen on the right, living area on the left." Tugging at her hand that was still in his, he pulled her into the kitchen. Pointing at the shelf that contained a couple of small plants and empty frames, he commented: "those are just for show, but you can get rid of them, maybe fill the shelf with books, instead." He eyed her closely, as if to tell her he remembered books were one of her passions.

"What ..." Emma blinked her eyes, marveled. "What's this place?"

Ignoring her questions, Alexander tugged at her hand again, and had her follow him as he took a couple of steps to the left, stepping in the living area. "Sofa, TV, shelf etc ..." he randomly said as they crossed that side of the room, to reach the corner window where was a painting tripod with a canvas, and at its feet a willow basket full of art supplies. "But this," he said excitedly as he pointed at the full equipment, "I added this purposely."

"What ... I ... why?" Emma stammered, her head spinning too fast for her to understand what was he saying or doing.

"When I went to your apartment," Alexander said, leaving her hand so that she could walk up to the painting supplies, "I noticed something." He bit on his lips, trying to control his own eagerness. "It was pretty much a dumpster, no doubt," he chuckled when she turned to him, shooting him a glare. "It was, don't defend it."

"A man's trash is another man's treasure," Emma said philosophically, "never heard the saying?"

"Yeah, no," he scoffed, "it was a dumpster."

Putting down the art supplies she'd grabbed from the basket, Emma frowned. "Is this going where I think?" She inquired.

"Maybe." He shrugged.

Crossing her arms over her chest, Emma looked at him sternly. "Alexander, what did you do?"

Hands in his pockets, he played innocent, grinning as he admitted: "I may or may not have had a word with your landlord ..."

"Oh, no ..."

"He didn't like it, so ..."

"Oh, no ..."

"Yeah, you've been evicted." He shrugged. "If you ask me, it's good riddance."

"Oh, my God!" She screamed. "Why would you do that!!! What could possibly make you think it was a good idea!!" She raged, furious, walking up to him. How dare he, she gritted her teeth, how dare he think he was entitled to make decisions for her?