Chapter 6

The next morning, Mare awoke with sunlight shining through the window. She groaned, and snuggled herself deeper into the blankets, hoping to block out every ray of sun that could get to her. Summer was still asleep at the foot of the bed, but unfortunately, Bran was awake and eager for her to be too.

        "Mare, get up!" he said, reaching over to shake her. She stayed silent under the blankets, hoping he would let her sleep just a few more minutes.

        "Mare, I know you're awake, please get up!" he whined, emphasizing the 'please'. She waited a few seconds and sighed, emerging from the blankets with a pout on her face.

        "Bran, I wanted to sleep more," she groaned. "Why couldn't you just wait an hour more?"

        "That's like putting a pastry in front of me and telling me I have to stare at it for an hour! It doesn't happen that way!" he exclaimed, pulling himself up. Mare got up out of the bed and walked over to Bran's side, making sure he was all ready and dressed. She went to get Luna like she did every morning to help carry him around. Summer wasn't old enough to ride yet and the saddle for crippled ones wasn't made yet; she had been checking in with Tyrion Lannister to see when it would be made. So for now, Luna-transportation would have to do.

        They all made their way to a sunny little meadow in the woods, laying in the soft grass. It was one of the few places in Winterfell that wasn't covered in snow, or strangely, cold.

        "So there's this rumor going around," Luna said, taking a bit of an apple pastry that they had brought along, "that I am to be betrothed to Robb."

        "Well you do like him," Mare said matter-of-factly. "And so does he." Luna turned red.

        "Why would you say that?"

        "You guys are always together, and always laugh at each other's jokes, and you even act as if you're already married."

        Luna chuckled. "Just because two people are together all the time doesn't mean they have to like each other! Look at you and Bran; you two are always together, but you aren't together-together."

        It was Mare's turn to blush, and even Bran's cheeks had turned slightly pink. "I think we should get back, we're running out of pastries."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

        Later that night, Robb held a feast. He had taken on Winterfell, since Ned Stark was in King's Landing.

        All the important men were sitting at one table, including Robb and Bran, and a few others. Luna was also at Robb's side, since more people have heard about the betrothal that had not yet been established.

        Mare wasn't allowed to sit at that table; at first. Even though Luna tried to beg and Bran tried to reason, Robb stayed quiet and all the older men said no. But of course, Mare didn't accept that. So after a bloody nose and a few broken fingers, she had found herself a spot right next to Bran.

        "I'm the man you want leading the Vanguard," Jon Umber said tipsily. Robb didn't bother saying anything, he just rolled his eyes. But yet, Luna took it upon herself to make it look like her and Robb had been married. Mare could only be a tad bit jealous; she wasn't old enough to act like that with Bran yet, and she felt as if it would be fun.

        "Excuse me, Lord Umber," she said gracefully, "pardon me, but is that really the best idea?"

        Next to Luna, Robb smirked, and Mare grinned. Oh yes. Luna Targaryen definitely fit the Young Wolf, Robb Stark.