Chapter 26

A/N: The rest of the chapters from now on are going to be in her point of view, so instead of, "Mare said..." it's going to be, "I said..." And also, go check out my second fanfic called "The Kraken's Rose" (it's a Theon Greyjoy love story). Alright, that's it. Enjoy the read. :)

I was in the woods, only this time, I was just with the oldest boy, who couldn't have been older than three. He was running with such a grace that I had only seen come from Bran when he still could walk and run. That was impressive for a three-year-old.

I saw something flash through the woods, and the little boy started running faster towards it. I felt worry shoot through me; I didn't want my son getting himself hurt. He took off running just as a man on a horse burst through the clearing with a bow slung on his back and a sword at his side.

It was Bran.

"Hello, my son," he beamed down at the little boy, who held his arms up as if he wanted to be on the horse with Bran. I lifted him up and they rode off as everything faded black. Then I was staring face-to-face at a doe with a crown around its neck. It stood taller than any stag I had ever seen, and its eyes shone with so much love that I could begin to feel it form a knot in my chest.