Final Prayers

Wei Wuxian stared at the tattered girl and felt his heart tighten. He really wanted to respect her wish, but at the same time he wanted to teach the other brat a lesson that would last beyond his life span.

"Gui Lai...I'm afraid that decision is not mine..." he says quietly. Her grip tightens on his sleeve.

"Please...b...brother has suffered enough..."

"You may not be able to see it...but can you truly say that he suffered enough? He caused so much turmoil for others as well...and he needs to be punished for it..."

"But...!"

"Punishment...?"

All eyes fall to the young male who laid in a puddle of his own blood, frustration leaking through the expression plastered on his face. He slowly lifts his head to them as his own body leaked of rivers of resentful energy. His control was slipping and his bit of sanity was slowly being erased.

"Why....should...I...be punished...?"

No one answers.

"After....I..am punished...what awaits me but eternal death..?"

"Brother....please stop..." Gui Lai begs quietly.

His eyes stare at her softly, but close as the corners of his lips curl up into a smile that sent shivers down their spines.

"Gui Lai.....Gui Lai...shows...mercy...to someone like me..."

"Brother...."

"But...no...one...else..."

"Gui Fa...!"

"No one....no one...no one...no one....no one. No one. No one. No one. No one. No one..."

Gui Lai steps behind Wei Wuxian clinging lightly to the sleeves of his robes shivering with fear.

"Must you keep rambling with such disgust? You're frightening her." he says.

The eye that stared glowed.

"Frightening..? Am i that scary...? Am I that evil? Am I that insane?! Am I mad for wanting my vengeance?! Am I mad for wanting my wishes?!"

"Then pray..."

All eyes turn to Xie Lian.

"Gege.....this low life doesn't deserve to pray to anything, but the flames of hell,"

"San Lang...it's okay." He smiles softly with his body finally composing itself on its own.

"I'm sorry your highness, but I have to agree with Hua Cheng.... He doesn't deserve any chances to pray for anything,"

"Wei Ying...." Wei Wuxian turns to his husband. "He has every right....just as everyone else. You had copied the rules and heard the steps during our lessons back in the past. Remember what the main goal of helping a resentful spirit is,"

He sighs and folds his arms.

"Purify and receive those wishes. I understand."

"And will you be able to purify this lost soul?" Hua Cheng asks.

"The Lan Clan's purification spell..." Sizhui says as he walks over. There's four of us here from the clan, perhaps we can create an array large enough and powerful enough to purify his soul and finally grant his wish,"

"But his main wish currently is vengeance, isn't it?" Jin Ling asks. Everyone had gathered together and wondered the same thing as they stared at Wei Wuxian.

"After Gui Lai's death, yes it was vengeance, but initially their first wish was....just help. To receive help and live a new life...."

"Then we will give them that wish..." Xie Lian says with a smile.