I trust you

3rd person POV:

His spear pointed dangerously close to her neck, any sudden reckless move would definitely result in death.

"Answer my question." his voice held a strong demanding tone and his gaze held a hardening look.

Instead of responding to the question immediately, she shot him with a question of her own, "I think it's rude not to introduce yourself first and that weapon...You're not normal are you?" He scoffed, "You are correct. And I assume you already know who I am. Now, answer my question." his expression never waver.

She knows that lying wasn't an option. Because after all, the doom slayer was the only known man that bears the mark. So, of course seeing another person with the same mark will definitely rise suspicions but to be sure she carefully picked her words to ask him, "Before I answer your question. You knew the Doom Slayer?" her voice started to come out a bit raspy due to her dry ass throat.

Immediately, he threateningly moved the spear closer to her throat. Seems like he doesn't appreciate answering a question with another question. So now she has no other choices left.

"He took me under his wings and became my mentor. Why he took me under his care is still unknown to me even to this day and as for the mark...he just told me that should any one of them who sees this should take it as a warning.... and that's about it."

She then noticed his body language start to significantly relax.

He observes her, trying to catch any signs of lying, but he founded none. He sigh, then removes the spear away from her and deactivated his crucible. He set it on a nearby table and gave her a glass of water. She immediately accept it and proceeded to greedily chug it down until there was nothing left. She then looks up at him clearly puzzled. She can't understand why he's suddenly so relaxed, "Aren't you gonna ask me more questions? Don't I look suspicious?" He can't help but chuckle at her reaction, "Of course I will. I have millions of questions lining up at this very moment. Well then, you asked me if I knew him. Yes, I'm a friend of his. After listening to your little brief explanation, it's no doubt that it's something he would do considering his past. I was quite close to him back then...at least that's what I'd like to think." the doctor replied with mirth as he crossed his arms.

Hearing him said that made her a bit unsure of his relationship with her mentor but she don't blame him since her mentor is quite the strange individual. She catches on what he said, "Back then?" He can see the curiosity in her "eyes".

"Do you know of our history and culture?" he asked out of the blue. "Uh, yeah, although I kinda forgot certain things." He brushed it off, "That's fine at least you know it. Do you also know about the story about the outlander?" now her brow rose in slight surprise, "No, I've never heard of that." He sigh, "So you don't know his origin." She simply shrugs, "Well, I was too busy running around killing those motherfuckers. So I got no time for story time. And isn't he from Argent D'Nur?" He shook his head, "Actually, let me tell you the story. It should help clear whatever questions you may have."

He then clears his throat, "The doom slayer was an outlander that we found right outside of the castle wall. The priest ordered the nights to bring him to fight in the colosseum and prove his worth. He showed lots of grits and king Novik took noticed of it and soon appointed him as one of the night sentinel. He was the first ever oustider who became a part of the night sentinel. When we fought against the forces of hell, only he manages to fight wave after wave of demons. He became some sort of god to some."

Her eyes widen in astonishment, "That's very.... new.." He looks at her, "What are your thoughts?" She scratch her cheek, "To be honest, I don't have much thoughts other than knowing the fact that he's just a normal human like me. But man, it must've been very very rough for him.....Thought.... when did you came into the picture?" He proceeds to take a seat on a chair that was beside the bed, then he stare off into nothingness as if recollecting his memories, "I actually met him after the sentinels brought him in from the colosseum so I could dress his wounds. I was a doctor and an engineer back then. The argenta frown upon any outsider, including me, at first, but I decided to give him a chance. Thus, the more I bump into him the more curious I became, so I started to try to make small talks but he was a tought nut to crack. Fortunately enough for me, he started to slowly open up to me after about a year and a half. As weird as it sounds, he's probably the closest brother I've ever had. It's now been 14 years since I last saw him."