LOVE, MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE: CHAPTER TWO

[Lerato]

Lerato Modikwa was an exceptional student. Getting A's and performing well in her group projects came easy to her. She always gave her classmates and schoolmates in general a run for their money. With an overachieving mother, and a great brother who does wonderful in his athletics, she never had a problem with dealing with underperformers.

It was break time and Lerato was sitting with her best friends, One and Precious, two of the top ten students in the school, under the morula tree next to the school garden, giving them a perfect view of most of the school and students and their shenanigans, one would think they were talking about education all day, they were gossiping about Precious' ex-boyfriend who was dating the pretty girl of the school, Fikile.

"I saw them at the mall yesterday, and they were with Connie shopping for shoes at Side Step," said One, stirring her fried noodles with chicken. Lerato looked at her food curiously wanting a bite, but she did not want to look desperate.

"Why was Connie there?" asked Lerato.

Both One and Precious gave her a perplexed look, looked at each other and chuckled, making her seem small.

"Bomba and Connie are sleeping together, did you forget," said Precious.

"Oh," said Lerato. "I can't keep up with these intersexional relationships of these kids. They haven't stopped ever since Fikile's party?"

"Yeah, dirty bitches," they all laughed and continued eating in silence Lerato's phone rang and immediately knew it was her mother.

"How are you?" asked Mercy on the other line.

"I'm fine, just on break, we have Science after this and I need to be on a full stomach to concentrate,"

"I called to let you know I'll be late tonight, I have some things I have to deal with at work, so tell your brother to order whatever food you want,"

Lerato was nosey. "Is everything okay at work?"

"It'll be fine, dear, I swear," she then heard in the background someone say "We need to contact your husband," before Mercy said goodbye and quickly dropped the call, before Lerato could get a word in.

She quickly put her phone in her bag so the other students don't see it. It was one of the advantages to being the best student, among other things. And her mother is a beast at defending her daughter.

"My mother's going to be late tonight, so pizza and a lot of ice cream?" she asked, seeing the happy looks of her friends. The bell rang, making the girls rush to Science knowing their teacher was brutal about time management.

"Of course," said Precious, always down for anything. "I needed your help with fractions, we'll study it at your house,"

As much as she tried to focus in her Science class, she could not stop thinking about what was going on with her parents, when she knows they have been having problems, to which her parents never thought she knew anything, she was just good at hiding her discoveries.

* * *

[Dim-Sum]

Dimakatso Tebego was a form four student at FSS. A mix of fear, admiration and envy was what a lot of the students at school felt about her. She knew the effect she had on the school and it certainly helped her with her confidence. Only the baddest bitches can make the school happy or sad depending on her mood.

Today she was in a forgiving mood. The first person she was going to forgive was Calvin, what she found out that the guy she had been chasing after for the past month had been having feelings for her brother, to which Calvin took his number, knocking her confidence down a bit, but was not going to let that stop her.

After school by the entrance, she watched everyone chat, as they left for their homes, she waited with her friends Naledi and Donald as they waited for her older gentleman. Soon after, a blue Land Cruiser parked in front of the gate, Focalistic blasting in his tailer made speakers, only getting louder as he opened the window. She smiled, looking around the school, seeing all eyes on her as she entered the car with her friends.

"Did you bring a change of clothes?" she asked as she took out her outfit; a black crop top with a gold band around the waist and black trackpants.

"Hell yeah," said Donald excitedly, taking out floral shirt and pants. And Naledi pulled off a boob tube, and some green press on nails and glued them on.

"Where are we going?" asked Dimakatso, bouncing off her seat from the intense beat of the song.

"Meeting a few friends at the lounge, it's going to be fun," he said with a wink.

Getting to the lounge, chill music was playing, and people were already sloshed off the alcohol as they danced crazily around their tables. She was waiting to get as lit the people were already were.

Taking her boo to his car, already feeling the effects of the alcohol, she wanted to spend time with him.

"I'm so happy to see you," she said, feeling herself on him.

"I can take you back to my place, so I can see how happy you are," he whispered on her neck. She laughed, not wanting to go back, she knew she was not going to sleep with someone ten years older than her.

His bank account really made him attractive and was not going to stoop so low for his money. But to satisfy him, she took him in the backseat and took him in her mouth as his moans were loud and messy, luckily drowned out by the music, thankful that she was intoxicated to complete the act. She took a good look at him and shivered at how unattractive he was from her angle and kept going knowing it was going to delay the act of bedding the man.