Mehrama..

*This one shot idea doesn't belong to me*⚠️

Manan were happily married and had their 6th anniversary today.

Lady: Happy Anniversary to both of you ji!

Nandini: Thanks aunty!

Lady: Now as you have completed 6 years of togetherness, don't you think you should plan a child now?

Manan looked at each other and just smiled looking at the lady.

*At Night*

Nandini: Manik?

Manik: Yes Nandu?

Nandini: Don't you think Mrs. Mehra was right today? Isn't there any way we can be parents? Why can't we adopt?

Manik: You know ma right? She would never agree to it. Her thoughts are old fashioned and she would never accept the child.

Nandini came and sat in his lap, snuggling into him.

Nandini: I just want us to be together and be happy, but you know na, even I wanna become a parent now.

Manik kissed her forehead and hugged her back.

From next day, Manik started to have a lot of workload from office because the company was getting expanded and he was on a really big post in that company. He didn't have fixed eating time, no fixed returning or going time, he used to remain very busy and didn't attend much calls from Nandini too. Nandini tried a lot to have a talk with Manik, but couldn't.

*After 1 month, evening*

Manik was returning home early today because he had completed his work before time. He had to report early the next morning and so he decided to get back early and spend some time with his Nandu. He was in car reminiscing the memories. They met in college and became the best of friends, how they had a tough time making manik's parents agree for the alliance. How he had a tough time handling Nandini when she got to know she could never become a mother. He was seeing a time lapse in front of his eyes. He smiled thinking about Nandini and bought roses from a roadside florist. He was going inside his building after parking his car when he saw Nandini with a man. He was in his 40s. Nandini was talking cheerfully with him, holding his arm and the man was keenly listening to her. He frowned seeing her and then decided to go towards them but stopped when he saw both of them hugging each other. He closed his fists in anger. His eyes were all red. He called her.

Nandini: Hello Mani?

Manik: Nandu where are you?

Nandini: I am at home only baba. Where I would be at this time.

Manik: Ohh, what are you doing?

Nandini: P..Preparing dinner.

He disconnected the call and looked towards them in anger. Nandini abid bye to the man and moved towards the lift while Manik was hiding behind a pillar with tears rolling down his cheeks.

Manik: Why Nandu why? I had loved you with all my soul and her you, you are betraying me? I hate you Nandini, I hate you!!!

After coming back home, he didn't talk much to Nandini. She also thought that it might be due to office workload.

*After 1 week*

Manik came back early in the evening today because Nandini had called her in afternoon telling him she has a surprise for him, he was disinterested in it but still he came home. Today going towards his home, he again discovered Nandini with the same man and this time, he got enraged seeing Nandini kissing him on his cheek. His knuckles turned white and with the spare key, he entered inside the flat and sat on the sofa, trying to process whatever he has seen moments ago. 

Nandini entered the flat after sometime and saw Manik seated on the sofa.

Nandini: Hey! When did you come? I didn't see you? See I have a letter for...

Manik: I came when you were busy spending time with your boyfriend.

Nandini: Whatt?

Manik: What what? Now you becoming innocent right? Say you didn't hug a man in his 40s a week before. Say you didn't kiss a man in his 40s few moments ago. Say everything is false!

Nandini: You were spying me? You don't trust me?

Manik: Trust? I had trusted you with my soul and here you, you betrayed me for another man!!

Nandini: Manik...

Manik: Just shut up!! (He picked up the vase beside him and threw it on the floor, pieces lying all around.)

Nandini: Manik pls listen to me once.. (coming near him)

He pushed her and she landed on the pieces of glass with a loud scream. Manik looked towards her, she was lying unconscious on the floor, blood oozing out of her body, staining the white saree she was wearing that he didn't even notice. He bent down to her and patted her cheeks but got no response. His eyes were red and face was full of tears. He screamed "Nandu" nut in response got only silence. The letter then caught his attention. He, with trembling hands, held it and started reading it.

" Mani❤❤,

You know am so happy today. From the time Mrs. Mehra poked for planning, I was really upset on this topic and researched a lot. It was then that I found that my cousin who went to abroad for his studies recently cam back and is now a doctor. We contacted and he was the same person who I loved the most in my childhood. We met after a long time, I explained him the situation and he said that after an operation, we can become parents. I have called him on dinner today too. I am so glad and I am writing this letter instead of telling you because I know I won't be able to hold my happiness and in my overexcited state, you won't get the whole thing. I am so happy Manik.

Yours,

Nandu❤"

He looked towards his life who was lying unconscious in his arms and then the letter. People say right: Anger is the worst enemy of a person. It leads to the level of destruction person cannot imagine.

He heard a voice.

Man: Hello! Anyone here?

He looked up and found the same man there. The man stopped in his tracks seeing the scene infront of him and ran in their direction. The man was speaking something, but Manik couldn't hear him. All he could process at the moment was he had lost his Nandu because of him only.

                                      💔💔💔💔💔

A/n: Please vote and comment!