Arranged love

Manik got a message.

"Manik, could you please bring 2 kg rice and 1 kg toor daal?"

He smiled and replied, "As you say, Nandu" with the saluting emoji.

He once again opened her profile pic which displayed both of them on their roka ceremony.

Manik's bua had recommended Nandini for alliance with him. He had no problem with arranged marriages as his parents had one as well. He had always seen them lovey-dovey and happy and so he had no problem with this.

When he saw Nandini for the first time in a flare suit, he instantly fell for her beautiful eyes.

He remembered how his mother had made her sit near him and then it was just him glancing at her every 5 minutes. And his face cracked to a smile when he saw her doing the same.

Their roka ceremony was a close knit affair and he adored her in being pink simple lehenga with the red shagun chunni that his mother had made her worn.

She had also developed a liking for him when they talked after exchanging their numbers on their first meet.

And this was how, the world's most gorgeous lady is now his, for his whole life.

She had jelled up with his family so well. His mother now would hold his ear even if he didn't do anything.

One day, Nandini was chopping onions and tears fell from her eyes during the process. After she was done with it, there was still moisture in her eyes.

His mother came near her and asked worriedly, "What happened Nandu? Why are you crying meri bachi?"

"Are ma nothing-"

"Manik Malhotra, come right here!" His mother shouted and Manik came with a frown.

"Why did you make my daughter cry?" She asked, putting one hand on her waist.

"Ma, I didn't-"

"Ma, he did nothing. I was chopping onions and so.." Nandini explained and saw his mother going towards him and twisting his ear.

"Ahh ma, kya kr rhe ho?"

"Teri wajah se uski aankho me aansu aaye hain. Hm to pyaaz nhi khate, tu hi khaata hai aur teri wajah se pyaaz kaat te waqt uski aankho me aansu aaye. Ab agar pyaaz khana hai to khud kaat warna tu bhi mt kha, bs!" And Nandini withdrew her hand and hugged her, chuckling at her cute mother-in-law.

Manik smiled at his mother's childishness too but deep down, he knew Nandini had made a very special place in his parents' heart.

His father was the one who listened to nobody when he was told to walk in the morning. But, it was Nandini who convinced him to go for a walk because of his heart conditions. And now, every morning, his father goes to walk in the nearby garden and after coming back, only drinks tea made by his lovely daughter-in-law while telling incidents in the garden. They both have a hearty chat and even Nandini sometimes accompanies him for the walk. Since then, his blood pressure is in control.

But in all this, there's one thing still left. A true marital life shared by both of them. Both of them had become good friends till their wedding but they needed time to love each other with all of their flaws. And they knew they would do it one day, so for now they are those roommates who discuss life but not love (yet). Thinking all of this, Manik travelled back to home and saw Nandini coming out from a room which was her personal room where she made sketches and paintings. 

After a long day, Manik puts his head on Nandini's lap and she massages his head for sometime before they go for dinner downstairs.

He saw her lovingly serving his parents and it made him happy and fulfilled. He now had everything one wishes in their life. Family. Money. Home. Wife. And LOVE.