Jitni Dafa

Manik Malhotra, the shining star of Malhotra & Sons Pvt. Ltd., and a kind hearted person. He loves kids and helps everyone in need. He has established the Malhotra & Sons new empire after the death of his father who he loved unconditionally. It impacted him to no extent but he had to stay normal for his family which made him a hardworking and a successful businessman.

Christmas was approaching and so he decided to do some charity in the Angel orphanage branch in Goregaon. He purchased all the gifts on his own and reached the orphanage. He was moving inside with bags in his hand when he heard a melodious voice.

"A for Apple, B for ball, Study nicely, become a Doll" followed by some giggles. 

He moved forward to the area from where he had heard the voice. He saw a girl whose back was facing to him. She had long wavy hair and was wearing an orange suit.

"Didi, we will also become a doll?" asked a boy innocently.

The girl giggled, moved towards him, ruffled his hair and said- "C for cat, d for dog, study nicely, push a log" and everyone laughed.

"Acha now you people decorate the Christmas tree, and put a sock beside your bed, only then will Santa be able to give you gifts na?" She asked in a childish voice and all the children bobbed their heads and said "yes".

All the children departed from there. Just when the girl turned towards Manik, a huge wave of breeze passed and she covered her face with her right hand, palm facing him and only eyes visible. He saw her deep eyes and got lost in them for a while. She turned again and then moved inside the orphanage.

Manik tried to follow her but a call came and he lost her track. After the call, he decided that he will come at night and will put gifts in the sock; as per stated by that girl.

At Night,

Manik arrived in the quiet orphanage. He moved inside and came in the room where boys were sleeping adorably. He looked at them, reminiscing his childhood. He started putting gifts in their socks when he noticed a shadow in the room. He gulped at first then gained courage and moved towards there. Someone was standing there, covered completely in a white sheet. He got horrified but then slowly took steps towards it and pulled the sheet in one go, eyes closed tightly. As he was about to shout, someone put a hand on his mouth. 

He opened his eyes and saw the same pair of  beautiful eyes he saw in the afternoon. She was blinking her big eyes and asking him to shush with eyes only. They both got lost in the moment. Manik got back to sense after sometime. He held her hand and pulled it away from his mouth.

"Who are you? What are you doing here at this hour?" She asked.

" I came here to give gifts to the children. Why are you here?"

She pinched him and giggled putting her hand on her mouth. "Same pinch" she replied and giggled again.

He got lost in her giggles. It was providing pleasure to his ears.

"Now let's go and put gifts in every sock."

Manik nodded and they resumed their work. After putting it in every sock, they exited the room and sat in the ground.

"Oiii, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Nandini."

He chuckled at her cute antics "I am Manik Malhotra."

"You are The Manik Malhotra, the CEO of Malhotra & Sons?"

"Yes, you know me?"

"Of course I do. You are my inspiration. I have always wanted to be like you. I want to become a big businesswoman and then help this orphanage."

"You surely will. I am really amazed by this level of aspiration."

She smiled, unaware that this smile was creating jitters in someone's heart.

"Acha where do you live? Let me drop you. It is not safe to go at this hour." This time Manik asked.

"I live here itself. It became my home when I was 1 month old. My parents wanted to remove this burden from their head, so they dropped me here."

Manik observed that she was still smiling, but this smile wasn't her usual one. It was full of sad, agony and frustration.

"I am sorry." He said genuinely. 

"You don't need to. Jab mere parents ko mujhe yaha chhodne me dukh nhi hua, to tumhe sirf sunke dukhi hone ki zarurat nhi h." She said with a sarcastic smile.

"Acha ab tum ghar jao, m bhi chalti hu andar." She continued and stood up to leave when she felt a tug on her hand.

"Tumhari aankho me akelapan dekh skta hu m Nandini. Sach kahu to papa ko bachpan me khone ke baad m bhi akela hu. Ma ko to iss duniya me aane pr hi kho dia tha. Agar chachu na hote, to shayad aaj m zinda bhi na hota. Isliye m tumhari haalat smjh skta hu. M sirf tumse itna kehna chahta hu, kya tum mujhe apne akelepan me saath banaogi?"

Nandini looked at him, astonished.

"I know, tumhare liye ye sb thoda mushkil h, pr tum mujhor bharosa kr skti ho."

She could see sincerity and truth in his eyes. She just nodded and hugged him tightly. That day, the moon and the stars witnessed a true love story that remains till eternity❤

A/n: Please follow and help me reach 100 followers.☺