Chapter 2 - Towering Escape

Y/N POV:

It was 11:34 PM, late at night. Willow said it was the perfect time for a distraction, when all guards are more tired than in the day. I quietly stood outside the main office, preparing myself a stupid conversation to keep the chief busy. I enter the office, a polar bear was sitting at the desk scanning around the room. He noticed me, and asked what I needed help with, and so began the most stupidest conversation of all languages.

 At least 12 minutes had passed, and the officer began getting suspicious of me. I couldn't keep up the act for long. Just then an alarm went off, I couldn't tell which at first, but when the sprinklers hit I knew it was the fire alarm. The Polar bear asked me to wait outside so he could handle the situation. I stepped outside and bolted for the back of the station, taking advantage of all the guards being busy like Willow said I could do. I climbed over the chain fences and tossed myself towards the prison yard. It was much bigger than expected to say the least. I darted my eyes around, and eventually saw a racoon messing with the wiring system. I then saw Willow, coming over to them with a wrench in hand, which he slammed into the electrical box causing a power outage. As Willow turned around and noticed me, she pointed the a part in the chain fence. Near that area was a sledge hammer, I just barely picked it up and tossed it over the fence. She gave it to the raccoon, which he aggressively slammed at the fence, causing a large section of it to break and fall over. Sirens began wailing and I knew we needed to get out of there, fast. Willow managed to be the one who ran ahead of us to a nearby building, she began to climb up a ladder, with me and the raccoon following close behind. The ladder was very large, reaching the top of of building which had to be at least 34 feet tall. The top of the tower was overlooking the entire city, yet it had only taken a minute to get up here. I looked down, and suddenly felt very un-easy, how were we going to get down? Even with the plan implanted in my mind I wasn't so sure about it working at all.

"Rash, your both short and acrobatic enough to dodge the police coming up the stairs. I'll deal with mystery helper" She nods to her raccoon friend, who gives her a thumbs up, and practically breaks down the downstairs doors. I stare at her, giving a disgusting look.

"Ah so that's what I am now, just a mystery helper." She looks at me again, with a bit of confusion, but shrugs it off.

"Hey uh, I never got your name, mind telling me?"

"Y/N, it's Y/N"

"Cool"

I could hear the police speeding up the stairs, getting closer as the time ticked by.

"Ok Y/N, I know this sounds like a horrible plan but I need you to hold my hand and jump."

I stared at here for a second, did she think I was brain dead?

"Are you kidding me right now? I'm not jumping off a skyscraper!!"

My voice echoed through the city, you could tell that some people down below looked up at us, confused of course. All of the sudden Willow grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me towards her face.

"Y/N I need you to trust me here, alright?" She spoke with a loud and serious tone. I slowly shook my head up and down as she grabbed my wrist hastily. Ok, NOW we really were at the edge, I could tell even Willow was nervous despite this being her plan. 

"Alright, I'm gonna count to five, then we jump, kay?" 

"A-alright"

"One" The footsteps got louder

"Two" I could here shouting coming from behind us, even though the police were close, their words were still inaudible.

"Three-" Willow was quickly interrupted by the doors leading to the first floor break down, while 5 policemen rushed through and pointed their weapons at us.

"Fuck" She practically dragged me off the building, still tightly clenching my wrist. The wind flew H/C hair, and caused one of my boots to fly off. I wanted to scream, but considering the situation I was in right now, it would only be wasting my breath. I shut my eyes hoping it would be over quickly. Then all of the sudden I felt a harsh tug on my left arm, and the wind stopped rushing throughout my body. I opened my eyes and looked up. Willow had grabbed the edge of an overhanging roof, stopping us from falling to our deaths. I kind of just stared at her, trying to contemplate what had just happened. Eventually she let go and we both fell to the ground, although it still stung my feet to land without one shoe (which coincidentally fell right next to me) I was glad that Willow managed to catch the ledge first try. 

"Cmon, slip on your boots and lets get out of here, Rash'll meet us at the old oak."

She said, finally letting go of my wrist which now had a red outline of her paw. I pulled on my F/C boot and both of us speed off into the city.

Ending note: Heyo! DailyDumpling here. Sorry if this chapter sucks, I kept putting myself into corners when writing this and had to overcome writers block. (Plus the entire chapter was done in school) Credits to @Br4ttYCl0wN for inspiration for most of the breakout part to around the end of this chapter, (Check out their work, its amazing) and I'll see you people later!