Chapter 6 - We aren't alone in this world

The forest was getting thicker and harder to traverse as we went further in. Rash seemed to have pulled out his flashlight and shinned it directly in my eyes

"Rash- on the ground please?" 

"Right! Uh, sorry. Where do you think she went anyways?" Rash whispered, dragging the flashlight down.

"If I know Willow well enough, she probably headed to the river, although she wasn't wearing any type of swim gear when she took off." I said blinking rapidly attempting to fix my vision back up (you need glasses or somthn?) I stared off into the distance, hearing the calm howling of nearby owls. The forest wasn't unfamiliar to me nor Rash, yet it still felt like we would get lost in just a few extra steps into the night. 

Suddenly, I heard a twig snap. I whipped my head around to see that Rash had stopped moving, there were no twigs in the path that we were on, and I had gotten an unsettling feeling in my stomach. 

"So we can both agree that neither of us didn't that..?" Rash quietly whispered. I nodded my head slowly. We hadn't made it to the river yet, nor have we seen Willow and Katie, and it already felt like a new event had just occurred. I backed up, holding my breath in fear.

am sorry but I can't write build ups

Just then, Rash's ears peaked up, as he swung a large tree branch he had been holding onto into the bushes. The feeling that someone was watching us had gone away, and a surprised expression became plastered onto Rash's face, as he held the tree branch. I pulled my body around to see what he just hit, and soon I was as surprised as he was.

"Either there's a different base nearby, or I just hit a wandering horse."

A male of medium height had been struck by Rash's little show, I could tell since his head was practically bleeding and his glasses were cracked. He was dressed in a grey jacket and a dark yellow tee, with black jeans and boots. Completely passed out, his hands were against the thorns of the bushes, while he was laying on a small stump (lucky fall)

"I suppose we aren't alone in this world" (uh yeah, duh)

Sorry that this chapter is short, I'm just running out of ways to stall the end.