Chapter 4

POV Kokichi

..........
..................
.......................

Slowly I was opening my eyes. I felt that my mouth and throat were dry and my whole body weak. It all felt like I was being put down violently..
Slowly I sat up. I found myself in a tiny room, with a lot and really A LOT of posters on the walls. I tried reading the name of what all the posters were about. The letters were a bit... Hard to read, but somehow I was able to read out the word "Danganronpa" . I didn't know what exactly Danganronpa was, but I'm sure I have heard once of it.
But At this time, Danganronpa was one of the things I didn't really care about. The thing I actually worried about, is how I got in this room...
I could not remember much. The only thing I could remember was a blurry view of a boy before I passed out...
I rubbed my forehead. Why did I always had to forget such important things? Even if I forgot where I was, I was still sure that I wasn't in a room of a kidnapper. They wouldn't give me a blanket or a pillow or even would lay me down in such a comfortable bed..
Slowly, I stood up. My whole body was shaking and my legs felt like pudding. But I still was able somehow to get to the door. I turned the doorknub and stepped out of the room, into the hallway. There, I realized that I wasn't in a big apartment. The hallway was small, but long...
I followed it, and got to a small living room, which lead to the kitchen. When I entered the kitchen,  I immediately froze. All the memories from before came back. In front of me there was a boy..
He was sleeping, his arms under his head, his eyes closed. His breathing was calm and peaceful, the darkblue hair fell over his nose and eyes. Yes..he looked very peaceful. It seemed like he wanted to make tea, because all the utensils were put together, but not used. It looked like he fell asleep while he wanted to do it. There was also a black hat next to him.
I sighed and sat down. I couldn't believe that he was sitting right in front of me...
The boy's name was Shuichi. I knew him since I was in primary school. Shuichi once saved me from bullying, since then we were best friends...
I remembered his laughing and smile.. Shuichi had the prettiest smile of all the people in the world. Everytime time we were together back then, I loved the warmth of his smiles...
He was the one I looked up to. When we met, I knew that Shuichi himself had many problems. His parents died when he was 7. We were together in a class, and he never talked much, I remembered that he barely opened up to someone. Everytime the teachers wanted him to talk to them about his problems, he declined. Of course that caused that he hadn't much friends. At least he was lucky of not getting bullied, I was the victim so they hadn't much interests in him.
I was the only one who was trusted by Shuichi. He told me everything, he even cried when he was with me. And believe it or not, he never cries in public. Well, he failed sometimes but...that is what it is to make him a real human with feelings.
As I said we were the closest friends...
Until..
Shuichi had to move. I remember that this day was one the worst days I experienced. His smile was all gone the smile I adored so much...
We both were crying.
Until he made a promise to come back.
Those were the last words I heard from him, then everything went fast. At the next day we couldn't meet up because he had to pack stuff. And the other day was the same, until he moved.
Back at then I didn't have a smartphone, neither had he. So I heard more than 7 years nothing from him..
Until now. Shuichi was the one who saved me from suicide. He really came back. He-
A loud yawn interrupted my thoughts. Shuichi was awake. He rubbed his eyes and mumbled quiet things.
I couldn't do anything but giggle. He was so cute.
Surprised he let off of his eyes and stared at first with a neutral look at me, then his eyes widened.
,,W-wah- y- k-kokichi??" he stuttered.
I smiled. ,,W-whah y- S-shuichi??" I gave back, quietly.
,,..."
We both laughed. Like the 7 years never happened. It was like we never missed each other.
But soon our laughing got more quiet until it was completely silent.
Both of us didn't know what to do, until Shuichi broke the silence.
,,Y-you are..are you really Kokichi?" he asked, and looked me in the eyes, like he could not believe that I was sitting here. I nooded.
,,It's me, Shuichi. You gave me a nickname called Kichi, forgot already? And I called you Shumai."
I smiled, Shuichi giggled.
,,Yeah I can remember...it was such a long time, right..?"
,,7 years."
I remained silent again, until I heard sobbing. Suprised I was looking at Shuichi, who was hiding his face with his hands. He started to cry, I couldn't tell if he was sad or happy or both.
,,Hey..why are you crying?" I asked softly.
,,I-I'm ...I-I'm so happy to s-see you again..you have no idea.." he mumbled back, his whole body was shaking.
And then I went to the other side of the table and  hugged him. I hugged Shuichi tight, burried my face in his shoulder, tried to wipe down the tears from his face and cheeks.
He hugged me too, and cried out his eyes on my shoulder, so It got all wet.

And a few moments later, we both were sobbing and crying and still hugged each other.
We were so happy to see each other again.

But I was aware that this happiness wouldn't last long.
The next problems were right in the room I awoke.
And I didn't know.
I didn't know how worse Shuichi was feeling 7 years.