seven

My eyes stare straight ahead as we sit in the parking lot at Pop's, the neon lights leaking into the cab of the truck and the only sound is the soft hum of the engine

"Are you okay?" Sweet Pea asks next to me and I can feel his eyes watching me.

I shake my head and cross my arms, "Nothing good ever comes from Cheryl's parties."

"Hey." He says gently and I turn to him, "I know you're worried about Jughead and what happened tonight scared you. I can sympathize, but Tabitha is taking care of him."

I huff, "That doesn't stop me worrying. And not just about tonight, what's gonna happen tomorrow night or the next?"

Sweet Pea nods, "Well, from experience, worrying about when you were going to drink again never stopped you from doing it."

My eyes catch his and suddenly well up with tears and I look down at my lap, "I'm so sorry." I say as my voice shakes. "I never apologized for what I put you through, and I know what it's like watching someone you love go down that dark hole and I am so so sorry."

He scoots closer to me and wipes the tears from my cheek then brushes my hair behind my ear, "You know I love you right?" He asks and I nod, "I loved you then and I love you now and that's exactly what you're gonna have to do with your brother, just love him through it. And when he's ready he'll stop, just like you did. Which I'm so proud of you for."

I bring my hand up to his cheek, "Thank you, for sticking with me through all of this. It means the world to me." He smiles softly, "You mean the world to me." I reach my hand around the back of his neck pulling him closer until his lips touch mine. He's rigid for a moment, probably surprised, but then he relaxes and his hands find my waist to pull me closer. He kisses me like he's starving and I can feel him smiling.

My phone ringing sends a jolt though my spine causing me to jump away from him. "It's Toni." I say and try to catch my breath as I bring the phone to my ear, "Hey, T, what's up?"

"Can you come over to the apartment? It's a 911." She says softly, like she doesn't want whoever's with her to hear.

My eyebrows pull together, "Um, sure, are you okay?" I ask.

"I'm fine. It's Fangs." She answers, "He needs friends right now."

"Alright, see you in a few." I say before hanging up and turning to Sweet Pea who is still just mere inches from my face. "Somethings up with Fangs, we need to head over there."

Sweet Pea leans back into the drivers seat and puts the truck in gear, "Okay."

The two of sit in silence the whole way to Toni and Fang's place, not a word is exchanged even on the walk to their door. Which we don't even bother to knock on and just waltz right on in. Toni sits next to Fangs at their dining table with her hand on his back as he rests his head in his hands.