chapter 1: first day

Your pov:
Ring, ring! I hit snooze on my phone to give me an extra 5mins before I have to get up for my first day at my new school Miami High. We moved here a week ago from ST. Augustine. It was my first time moving to a new town my dad got a promotion at his business firm. My dad doesn't really talk about what he does. but that doesn't really bother me who wants to listen about boring business talk anyways. All I know is his job sees him more than we do.

"Y/N wake up!" My mom yelled." You don't want to be late!"

"Okay!" I yelled back. I rolled out of bed and went to grab the clothes I picked out last night. I was wearing ripped jean shorts and my black oversized Nirvana shirt. I ran down the stairs and kissed my mother on the cheek and started to head out. I got out the keys to my Mustang from my shorts back pocket. I got as a 16th birthday present. My family wasn't rich by any means but my brother and I were very much spoiled. We got what ever we wanted especially when holidays roll around. I think it has something to do with how much my dad feels guilty over not being their when the big events happen in our lifes. And the constant arguments my parents get into. You'd think they would get a divorce by now but every now and then they have that moment where everything is peaceful and are reminded why they love eachother.

I hopped into my car and got snapped out of my thoughts by, the start of the engine. It roared; my favorite sound known to man. I felt overwhelmed by the idea of starting over but this could be a great way to do something more than go to track practice and coast my way through life. I pulled out of my driveway and cranked up my radio. The view was incredible it was early enough to watch the sky turn colors it went from pink, orange, and then a golden yellow. As I was singing my heart out to girl on fire. Probably butchering the song I pulled up to my new high school.

It was all on one story level a pretty decent size smaller than my last. I grabbed my backpack from the passenger's seat and headed to the front door of the School. I took a deep breath and step into the building and then my first official day at Miami high started. This school must not get many new kids because all eyes were on me. I felt my cheeks heat up. I felt as if I had something wrong with my outfit. I already had the mental battle of whether I should wear shorts or not. Luckily have a baggy hoodie in my backpack if I need it. I walked up to the main office where i was supposed to get my schedule and my tour guide. Then I ringed the bell on the desk and shortly after a burnett woman greeted me.

"Hello, who are you hun?" The sweet middle aged woman asked me.

" hello, I am Y/F/N I'm here to get my schedule." I responded.

" oh, yes our new student. Well here's your schedule. And Christopher Jauregui will be here shortly to show you around." The sweet woman informed me.

I took a seat in one of the waiting chairs. Soon a tall, brown eyed boy entered the main office. He had this charming smile on his face that made me feel kinda nervous. He went up to the lady at the front desk. And she directed his attention to me. My cheeks started to turn light pink from all the eyes on me. He walked over to me and held out his hand.

" hi, I'm Chirs." He said as he shook my hand.

" I'm Y/N." I replied.

" I'm your tour guide and we have matching schedules so you dont have to worry about getting losted." He smiled that charming sweet smile again. I giggled because of how nervous I was. Then we started to head to our first class. We fell into this awkward silence as we walked through the crowded hallways. I was at a lost of words all of a sudden my smoothness was gone. 'What smoothness?' But soon chris cleared his throat to speak. Snapping me out of thought.

" so, where did you move from?"

"Saint Augustine. Have you always lived here?" I asked trying my best to keep the friendly conversation going.