chapter 6: saying goodbye

y/n POV:

I picked up a picture that had 16 year old me and 16 year old stacey.that year we both dyed our hair midnight blue. We were laughing at some dumb joke she made. It was late August and we were at summer camp it was our 6 month anniversary. She took me deeper into the woods and she had help from the camps counselors set everything up. There was a fire going, stuff to make s'mores and a tent. That night now felt like a fever dream.

*****
Flashback

" come on Y/N, I have a surprise for you. I even got the counselors to help me out!" Stacey yelled as she ran into the woods. She had a face eating grin on her face that had my stomach in nots and my heart speeding up.

I stared to run after the blonde. Until I tripped over a tree branch and landed right on top of stacey. We were both giggling and I left small kisses all over her face. After she had enough kisses she held my head a swept my hair behind my ear and sat us both up.

" my little klutz is so adorable. So... what do you think of your surprise?" She asked as she looked around the woods. I looked around us as well. Wow, she did this all for me. Was all that came to mind. There was a camp fire going, a tent, we had the perfect spot to look at the stars, and stuff to make s'mores.

" I love it baby! Thank you, thank you." I said as she pulled me even closer in her arms and I kissed her lips that were sweeter than ever. We pulled apart and got off the ground. Then our night proceeded with s'mores, star gazing and stolen kisses.

End of flash back

******
'I gave her my love and my body that night. She promised me forever.'

But forever isnt always forever. I went through the rest of the old memory box and found and torn up picture of stacey. It was from the night we got into one of our biggest fights. Kinda funny that now I cant even remember what it was even about. All I can remember is the way she made me feel in the moment. She wasn't the stacey I fell for that night. There was yelling, stuff being thrown, and tears. Lots and lots of tears. But of course the very next morning she came knocking at my door with a big bouquet of flowers

'Explains all of these dried up petals'

She always apologized a million times. Until I caved in and accepted her apology and we both never spoke of the fights again even if we were both damaged by them. I wasn't always rainbows and sun shine to deal with either. But I'm not the one that.....

' you know what, no she dosen't get the right to control my mind.'

I took the box of memories of her and me closed it up and went outside to put it in our trash can. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders but the memories kept coming in waves stronger than ever. Its like I reopened the flooding gates. So, I went in and just stayed in my bed flipping through the families photo albums. They were filled with memories of vacations and special events in our lives. There was my brother's prom and graduation photos. Then there was my 5th graduation and my first cheer competition. Things were so simple back then. What I would do to go back and relive those memories.

I heard the front door being opened so I ran down stairs and it was Alex walking in to grab one of his books he left here on accident.

" hey, I'm just here to grab this. My dumbass almost for..." he paused and looked me over. I didn't realize I had my makeup running down my face. I was too deep in la la land to realize I was crying earlier. "Kiddo what's got you crying?" He went over to the stairs and gave me one of his bear hugs. I completely let down my walls and we stood there swaying and me crying into his shoulder.

As I finally got the strength to speak i croaked out " stacey. It's the memories they still hurt." He broke the hug and looked me in the eyes and his calming older brother tone soothed my worries." I know, Y/N. You're not alone in this. Do you have anything that symbolizes the memories. If so I got an idea

I led him to the trash can we had outside and got out the cardboard shoebox. Alex opened my car door for me and got in. We sang along to the songs on the radio and admired the sunset that had the sky turning colors, From orange red to pink. After our short drive we arrived to a beach.

" what are we doing at a beach?" I asked confused on how a beach is gonna make me feel better.

" we are here to torch those old memories. Then we can go to this bar and use your brand new fake ID!" he handed me a ID that was awfully realistic. I thanked him and he started the fire as I continued to watch the sun set. Soon it was dark out and the stars and moon were shining bright. The last bit of the cardboard shoebox was being burnt and my brother held me as we both looked at the fire.

It was about ten o'clock and Alex had put out the fire all the memories were ashes, But they will forever be in my mind. Unfortunately you cant burn your own mind. We headed to the bar that alex mentioned before.

' maybe being plastered would help for the night or worsen things.'

We got to the front of the line after a couple of minutes waiting in line. The guy had no problem letting us right through. Something about this place seems familiar but I cant put my finger on it.

" even though we didn't work.
Its always love, always love..."

'That voice I know it. I love it. I have to see who it is.'

I pushed through the crowd until I got to the front. There was that grand piano in the center and those green eyes that I'm so fond of. Lauren continued with the song and eventually Alex caught up to where I was with some shots for us to take. I gulped them down as they burned the back of my throat tasting like complete battery acid. I started to feel myself loosen up a bit. I swayed to the last verse of Lauren's beautiful song and lauren looked up from the piano as she sang the last word and that's when those bluish green orbs looked right into my Y/EC orbs.

--------
Hey, do you guys want more of Lauren's pov let me know in the comments. I appreciate all the likes. Love ya
Also always love is out now go listen to it the link is up above ☝🏼