chapter 2: the family dinner

Your pov:

2 weeks later

My first week of school went pretty smoothly. I got closer with the guys and even made a friend from track practice Camila. Shes into the same type of things as I. It made things easier when I needed to ask for genuine advice. Chirs and I got closer each day. I could tell I was starting to really like him but a certain green eyed girl was still on my mind. I haven't seen her since the day we met. I have been given Chirs rides home for the week. I wanted to ask where Lauren was without him thinking I was being creepy. Which I kinda was, like shes just a girl. why cant she leave my mind though?

I walked into English class and took my seat next to Chirs. He gave me that smile that always brightened my mood. He had on ripped jeans and a Miami dolphins Jersey on. He looked me up and down and complemented me. I turned bright red and hid it in my y/h/c. There was a bit of awkwardness between us but I didn't mind it. But it did make it hard to really talk and get to know him.
*****
The bell rang and we were on our way to our next class together. I wanted to hang out with him one on one. To really feel out his vibe. To see if the feelings are more than his amazingly good looks.

"Hey, chirs?" I spoke up.

" yes?" He replied.

" I was wondering if you would like to hang out after school we-"

" yes I would love to." He cutted me off. We both smiled and he turned a little red this time around.
**********
Chirs and I decided to hang out at his house and watch movies. I was changing out of my track stuff. And headed down the stairs. I grabbed my car keys and kissed my mom and dad good bye. I didn't want to leave considering they were both home for once but I have to see if Chirs even likes me more then just a friend.

" goodbye mija." My dad said

" goodbye dad." I responded

" remember, Y/N be back around 10 PM." My mom reminded me.

" yep!" I said in agreement.

I walked out it was 4 o'clock already and the sun was getting ready to set. As I was driving to Chirs's my heart started to speed up. I was so nervous not only would I be alone with him but I'm going to meet his parents Mike and Clara. The green eyed beauty won't be there so at least there will be one less thing to worry about dealing with.

I arrived at Chirs's house and approached the door. I ringed the door bell and was greeted by the raven haired, green eyed beauty. I mentally face palmed myself. The exact person I wasn't prepared for.

" hi, Y/N right?" She asked.

" yeah, you got it right. Lauren right?" I asked already knowing the answer.

" yep that's me. Come in cutie." She softly spoke . I slightly blushed and did as she said.

" so who are you here for my brother Or me?" She joked. A small smirk appeared on her face. She led me to the living room. I sat down on their sofa. I took a moment to really think about who I was here for she had me by surprise by the flirtyness I lost all train of thought.

" well... which one is it?" She asked again but this time it was more of an serious tone.

" your brother?" My response sounded more like a question. At this point I didn't even know what I came down here for.

" you're sure about that babygirl." She said. She chuckled and nudged me a little.

" I'm only messing with you. I have a girlfriend anyways." She said. 'Well I guess that answers the question of single and her being queer.'