chapter 4: Alex's birthday

Your pov:

The sun shined through my curtains. Helping me feel motivated to get up out of bed. Today was the day I have been waiting for. Saturday. Everyone was home even my brother, Alex. We had a whole day planned out, just to catch up with eachother. Also it was Alex's 23rd birthday tomorrow, but we are celebrating it early since everyone has plans that day. My brother has a test in his English class, my mom has a big surgery scheduled, my dad has a meeting with his boss, and I have a track meet first one of the season.

I was making my way down the stairs. Suddenly, I heard both my parents laughing and joking around. It was a sound that I missed, I walked a tad slower letting them enjoy their moment awhile longer. Soon Alex came running down the stairs shoving me out of the way.

" imma get moms famous pancakes before you. HAHA!" He shouted when we was making his way to the kitchen. I ran right after him once as those words left his mouth. I ran as fast as I possibly could. I caught up to him a pushed him right onto the couch. I slowed down grabbed a plate and waited patiently to be served by my mom.

" good morning you two wild animals." My mom said as she served me. I took my seat at the table then came Alex. When the whole family was seated we all caught up with eachother.

Alex had a new girlfriend named Sarah. And I told everyone about track and my new friends. Dad talked about his business trip coming up to Italy. He promised to bring us all a gift. My mom kept going on and on about some new fancy way of operation she just learned.

When breakfast was over and Alex was up in his room my parents pulled me to the side. To make sure I didn't forget today's plans.

" you can still distract him for at least an hour, right?" My dad asked me.

" yes of course I have it all planned out." I assured my parents I had everything under control.

" please dont be late too this family event hun." My mother playfully glared at me. I just rolled my eyes and nodded my head.

My dad hit me on the head with the newspaper he was reading." Don't roll your eyes at your mother." He said in a stern, yet joking way.

" okay, okay I wont be late imma go get ready for the day. What time should I be here?" I asked.

" 2 o'clock should be a good time." My parents said. I smiled and went directly to my room to get ready.

****
When I was finishing up my make up, I decided to call Camila. To make sure our plans to distract Alex were still going to happen.

Camz: hey, you almost here?

Y/n/n: no, I'm still putting on my eyeliner. I also have to get my brother in the car. Just wanted to make sure you could still make it.

Camz: yess of course I'm already here. I paid for the lanes and I got the shoes for you and I.

Y/n/n: aww thank you. You didn't have to pay. But I will be right there, byeee.

I took one last look in the mirror. Feeling really good about the outfit of choice. It was a lavender color fitted shirt that hugged tight to my curves and a leather skirt with a pair of black combat boots. This outfit was by far my favorite it was more feminine then most of my clothes I usually wear and it made me look amazing if I do say myself.

After my last glance in the mirror I convinced my brother to come with me for a bit. The excuse was that I really missed him and I wanted him to meet my group of friends. He gladly accepted my offer and off we were to the bowling ally.