16 | Catch Me Up

I have a week off according to Luc, I assume it has something to do with Val

I have a week off according to Luc, I assume it has something to do with Val. She told me last night she knows who killed my family but didn't elaborate, hopefully, she explains today. A knocking sound at the door catches my attention, walking over and opening it, Val stands there in black sweat and a black hoodie with some ridiculous tiger feet slippers.

"Morning," she chirps, pushing me out of the way and entering my room. Figures.

"Morning Val, how are you feeling this morning?"

I woke this morning to a killer headache but it was so worth it, I hadn't had much fun in a long time. I can only imagine she's feeling just as shit as I am right now, although she doesn't look it.

"Good now, you?" She asks, sitting on my bed glancing around my room.

"Headache but that's to be expected." I chuckle, closing my door and walking into my closet to grab a hoodie.

"True. Have you heard of the Mexican Cartel?"

My movements halt, my hoodie half on as I let her questions sink in. Mexican Cartel? I've heard of them but I don't know any of them. What's this got to do with my family? I don't think my family would have anything to do with them.

"Heard of but don't know them, why?" I ask, walking out of my closet. She stares at me before she sighs and flops on her back.

"Hayden Lopez, the guy I was sleeping with. His father is Carter Lopez and he's in the cartel, he's the man who killed your parents." She explains.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. Is this the man you seen that night?" She asks, sitting back up and handing me her phone. I look closer and instantly recognize the man, clutching the phone in my hand tighter.

"It's him," I confirm, tossing her phone back.

"I have good news and bad news." She hesitates, I nod for her to continue, "good news, I know where he lives, bad news he runs the cartel and he is heavily protected."

It couldn't have been fucking simple, we couldn't just go in and kill him. He couldn't have just been a fucking nobody, no he had to be someone important — in the crime world anyway.

"Don't —" Val starts, narrowing her eyes slightly, "don't you dare overthink this. I'm coming up with a plan, trust me when I say we will get him. It's just going to take time, a few of my men are already on it. You remember Angelo, Hugo, Santiago, and Rafael, they're going to help us."

"I remember them, I haven't seen them around in a while," I note.

She grins, "they've been busy doing jobs for Nate and me," she shrugs, "but they'll be coming back here in a couple of days and staying with us, I've already run it by Luc and he's agreed but first they're going to scope out Carter for us."