Chapter 3 - Natasha's Room

~ Y/n's POV ~

 We arrive at the floor of her room and she carries me down to the end of the corridor. She has the second last door on the left and I notice that the last door is my new room. What is the chances that I have to end up next to Natasha? I am directly next to her. Oh this couldn't get any worse.

Once we get into her room, first thing I notice is the overwhelming scent of tropical fruits. I scan her room immediately and see fake vines hanging in assorted patterns over two of her walls and some going up onto the ceiling. Some of them are hanging with one end on one wall and the other end on the other wall and a few hanging down from the ceiling. Below that was her bed with perfectly clean white silky sheets. There are fairy lights on both walls with the vines and LED lights along the top of the walls across all four walls in her room. In one corner is a white desk with a white chair. Her desk is so clean and has drawers under it on one side. In another corner is a table with a small two person couch. On the table is several candles, big and small, short and tall. That explains the wonderful smell.

Gosh I love her room. No wonder she never leaves it. 

She walks in and places me on her bed then she walks into her bathroom. I hear her rustling through the cabinet and then she walks out with a stethoscope around her neck and the biggest first aid kit I have ever seen. 

"Woah, woah, what are you doing? Don't go all doctor on me, I am fine." I say as I sit up, only to feel my head start spinning again and my vision fade black. 

~ Nat's POV ~

As Y/n sits up, her eyes flicker in staying open then she falls back, hitting her head in the bed frame behind her. I rush over to her and gently lay her back down, resting her head on the pillows. I sit on the edge of the bed and pull out a penlight from my med kit. I use one hand to open one eye and the other to shine the light from the penlight on her eye. 

Her right eyes pupil is extremely dilated while the other is just under the normal size. They're anisocoric. I'm leading towards a concussion but I can't be sure until she is conscious again, so for now it's waiting until she wakes up. 

I walk over to my candles and pick up my lighter. I light my favourite mango scented candle and put my lights on dim. I sit at my desk and open my laptop and start writing up some reports that Fury asked me to do today.   

~ 20 minutes later ~

"Why am I here? Who are you!?" Y/n yells as she jolts up. Obviously she woke up. I spin around in my chair so that I am facing her and I tilt my head a little while giving her a soft smile. 

"Oh. Natasha. Why am I in your room? Did you kidnap me!?!" 

"No Y/n, I didn't kidnap you. Do you remember what happened earlier?" I ask her, as I lean forwards.

"Uh I was training and punching a punching bag. Then it uh, broke. Then I couldn't feel my legs and fell and the ground wanted me to stay there so I did. OH! Then you came and saved me and I guess took me here." She says while blinking an excessive amount and rubbing her eyes a few times.

"Yeah, although I hardly saved you" I say while getting my penlight and walking over to her. 

"Well no duh, it was sarcasm. You dumb?" She says crossing her arms. Good to know she hasn't changed. I flash her eyes with the penlight  again, like I did before. Her right eye is still extremely dilated and her left eye is now more dilated. Still anisocoric. "Do you mind?" She says in a snarky tone while pushing me away, her hand on my chest. 

"Relax, aye? I'm just checking your eyes. Does your head hurt? Is it spinning?" I question her as I move her head side to side and tilting it at times.

"Uh yeah I have a bit of a headache and god, my head is spinning. I feel like I'm going to faint. Why?" She replies to me while watching my hands.

"I think you have an anisocoric concussion. What you just said confirms it." I say while stepping back and looking at her. "Can you stand for me?"

She stands up and drops her head a bit. I hear  her breathing get quicker and her close her eyes shut. After a few seconds her eyes opens and she tries taking a few steps forwards only to fall to her knees. I kneel down next to her and hold onto her arms so she can't fall anymore and risk further injury. 

"Why do you care?" She mutters while looking down. "I thought we hated each other. What changed?"

"Nothing changed. I'm just helping you. I can't let Fury be disappointed that I didn't help when I could've. Now come on, stand up again." I reply. I don't know why I say that because it isn't true. I don't know why I suddenly care for her. She just feels so familiar and I don't want anything to happen to her. 

~ Y/n's POV ~

Damn. I kinda hoped she didn't actually hate me. But oh well, she still does so I guess I'll keep pretending to hate her as well. 

I did as she said and stood up. I walk around her bed and then back to her. My head is throbbing but I ignore it.

"See, there you go. Few days of no training and taking it real easy and you'll be fine again." She says as she sits down at her desk and faces her back to me, working at her computer again. 

"So that's it then?" I ask her, hoping for her to tell me to stay and I don't know, hangout? She wouldn't, seeing as she hates me, but I hope.

"Yeah. You can go now. Bye bye." She says, not even turning around or stopping what she is doing. 

I walk out of her room and can feel my eyes get a little teary. What is going on? Does she care for me or hate me? She said she hates, just then acted like she hates me but she was so kind and caring before. And she let me in her room and her bed. She doesn't even let Clint touch her bed and only lets him in her room. I'm so confused, I don't know what to think or feel and I don't know how I feel for her anymore. 

Either way she hates me, so what I feel doesn't matter.. Right?

(1172 words)