1). Coming Home ✬

plot: Y/N and Florence's relationship was strained. Both of them stayed very busy and with Florence gone for filming months at a time, it left Y/N with nothing but her thoughts. It wasn't until Y/N experiences the tremendous loss of her grandfather, that the director lets Florence go back home to her in LA.

TWs: mentions of death

~~~~~~

You sit alone in the living room of your apartment that you shared with your girlfriend, Florence. Usually it would've been the two of you and your dog, Billie, but Florence was away in Budapest filming for her upcoming movie, Midsommar, so you were left behind in LA due to your job. Just the night before, you received a heartbreaking call from your grandmother, informing you that your grandfather, who had basically raised you, had succumbed to his cancer and gained his wings. When the call had finally ended, you didn't hesitate to ring Florence because she was the only person you wanted to talk to about it. She understood your family situation, you had basically told her every bit of your life story when you two had gotten together. You struggled to tell her everything that had happened through your sobs, yet somehow she managed to understand every word and assured you that she would be home soon. So now you sat there, in the quiet of your apartment, with nothing but the sounds of Billie's snoring from your lap. You're jolted from your thoughts at the sound of the lock rustling from the front door, the sound of suitcase wheels rolling against the wooden floor as you lightly move Billie to the other side of the couch and run into your girlfriend's open arms. "It's okay, bubba. I've got you," she whispers into your hairline as you break down and sob into the crook of her neck, one of her hands stroking your head as the other draws small circles along your lower back. "He's gone, Flo," you cry out softly, your voice was hoarse from all of the crying you had done the night before and your cheeks were puffy. Florence presses a soft kiss to your temple as she hugs you tighter, "Shh, darling. Just let it out. I'm right here." After crying out all that you can, Florence carries you back into the living room and sets you down gently onto the couch, "You stay right there. I'm going to make you a cup of tea." You nod as you sniffle and wipe the wetness from your cheeks, watching her walk into the kitchen adjacent from the living room. Moments later, she returns with the warm mug as she hands it over, grabbing your favorite blanket before taking a seat beside you and covering the both of you with it. You don't hesitate to snuggle into her side as you take in the scent of her perfume, her arms wrapping around you instinctively. The two of you sit there as you finish your tea, Florence singing to you softly in an attempt to comfort you. Whenever you were down, this was your routine: she'd make you a cup of tea because she'd known you'd been crying and needed to rehydrate before the two of you cuddled on the couch or up in your bedroom as she sang you your favorite songs. "When do you have to go back?" you ask, finally breaking the silence as her fingers run through your hair. "I told Ari that it was a family emergency. They've put off filming until you're ready for me to leave again. However long it takes." I sit up slowly and look at her as she shifts my legs into her lap, her hands taking mine into them, "But Flo, you're the lead. You have to be there-" "Y/N, you need me more than some movie producers. If they don't like waiting, they can find a new leading lady," she stops to tuck a strand of loose hair behind your ear and you lean into her hand, a soft smile on her face. "You, pretty girl, mean more to me than any movie. Do you understand?" she asks softly, her thumb brushing against my cheekbone as I nod. "I love you, Florence," you say softly as she rests her forehead against yours. "I love you more, Y/N," she replies before kissing you softly and pulling you back into her embrace. For once in the last 24 hours, you finally relax as you rest your head on her chest. "Get some rest, darling. I'm not going anywhere," she whispers against your forehead before planting a kiss on it as you nod. Slowly, you feel your body grow heavy as your eyes begin to flutter close, sleep finally pulling you under.