24). "I'll always take care of you."

plot - Y/N comes down with the flu and despite her persistent protests, Florence refuses to leave her side and stays to take care of her.

----

Y/N sighs as she makes her way into her apartment, her entire body aching as she drops her keys and bag onto the counter before making her way to the bedroom. She doesn't even bother getting changed as she throws herself down onto the bed. 

"Babe? Is that you?" calls her girlfriend, Florence, from the bathroom down the hall.

"Yeah!" Y/N calls out weakly in response as Florence lingers in the doorway, her face painted with worry as she walks over to the bedside, causing Y/N to roll over onto her back and look up at her.

"Aw, darling. Are you feeling alright?" Florence asks softly, looking down at her girlfriend with worried eyes.

"I'm okay, bubba. Just a bit tired is all," Y/N replies as she sits up, Florence raising an eyebrow at her as she presses the back of her hand to Y/N's forehead.

"I'm calling my parents and telling them that we can't make it tonight. You're burning up," Florence states firmly as she grabs her phone from the bedside table and dials her mother's number, Y/N shaking her head in protest.

"Babe, I'll be fine. It's just a fever, you go out without me," Y/N says in between sneezes as Florence shakes her head quietly before stepping out into the hall to speak with her mother, leaving Y/N to sigh. She knew that Florence hadn't seen her family since coming home and that she was really looking forward to this dinner, but she also knew that there was no convincing her to go when she wasn't feeling well.

"Alright darling, let's get you into a nice bath to get that fever down," Florence says with a soft smile as she re-enters the room and kisses Y/N's head softly.

"Florence, I'm fine. Truly," Y/N protests as Florence kneels down in front of her, taking Y/N's hands into her own and kissing them softly.

"Your fever says otherwise, Y/N. Now, stay put while I go run you a bath," Florence says with a soft smile, standing back up and kissing Y/N's forehead before leaving the room.

----

After her bath, Y/N gets changed into the set of clothes that Florence had laid out on the bed for her, consisting of one of Florence's jumpers and a pair of shorts, because Florence knew how much Y/N loved wearing her clothes in order to feel closer to her. She then makes her way down the hallway to the kitchen, the savory aroma of soup filling the entire apartment as Florence smiles at her from behind the counter. "Feeling better, darling?" Florence asks as Y/N walks over to her and wraps her arms around Florence's waist before burying her face in the other girl's neck from behind.

"A little bit," Y/N answers finally as Florence turns around to face her, earning a smile from Y/N as she tucks a strand of hair behind Y/N's ear.

"Here," Florence says, gesturing for Y/N to put the thermometer under her tongue. After the beep, she looks over the small screen and smiles before kissing Y/N's cheek. "Your fever's gone down. But I still want you resting, you shouldn't overwork yourself," she adds as Y/N nods, watching as Florence filled two bowls of soup for them before following her to the living room and taking a seat beside her on the couch.

"Thank you for taking care of me, bubba," Y/N says after eating a few spoonfuls of soup, Florence kissing her temple as she smiles at her.

"It's what I'm here for, darling. I'll always take care of you," Florence replies as they finish their soup in a comfortable silence. Florence takes the empty bowls to the kitchen before returning to her spot on the couch, pulling Y/N into her lap as she snuggles her in close, not even minding if she got sick herself. 

"I don't want you getting sick, bubba," Y/N says softly as Florence tilts her chin up so that their eyes meet.

"I don't care if I get sick or not. I'm still going to cuddle my girlfriend," Florence replies as Y/N laughs softly at her stubbornness. She really did have the best girlfriend in the world.

AN // hi!!! almost 8k reads!!! you guys are truly amazing and i love you all so much <33 don't forget, if you have any specific ideas for one shots, you can DM them to me and I will work on them asap! :) x