36). "Make it up to me?"

Requested by BEPBOSTAN

plot - Y/N is away on a world tour and hasn't seen her fiance, Florence, in over two months. Their last visit was cancelled due to Florence's filming schedule and it felt as though they were drifting away from one another, until Y/N has a show in Dublin so Florence uses her day off to attend her show as a surprise to make it up to her.

Content Warning // Smut

-----

Y/N paces the corridor of the arena, trying to soothe her nerves. Sure, she had been performing for audiences since she was five, but that didn't make it even less nerve-wracking every time. But she loved every single one of her fans and before each show, she reminded herself that without them, she wouldn't be where she was today.

"Careful, don't want to cause a rut in the floorboards," laughs her best friend and back-up dancer, Jeremiah, as he walks over and hugs her. She pulls away and lets out a nervous laugh, running her fingers through her hair.

"Sorry, I'm just... Out of sorts today," Y/N replies as Jeremiah gives her a concerned look, gesturing to her phone in her left hand.

"Florence hasn't called, has she?" he asks, causing Y/N to sigh and shake her head in response. She was trying to keep it together, careful not to smudge her makeup, but it was getting awfully hard. She hadn't heard from her fiance in over a week and hadn't seen her in two months because of both of their schedules. Jeremiah knew this and tried to comfort his best friend as best as he could, but all Y/N wanted was Florence.

"Not even a text.. What if she hates me? God, Jeremiah, what if she's found someone else?" Y/N asks as her mind starts to spiral downward, the bad thoughts getting the best of her as the tears start to fall down her cheeks. Her best friend didn't hesitate to take her into his arms as he rubbed her back.

"Don't think like that, bug. I'm sure she'll come around. Just try to focus on your show, okay?" Jeremiah replies, Y/N nodding in agreement as she takes a deep breath to calm her nerves. She wipes the few tears from her cheeks just as her manager comes around the corner.

"Alright, it's show-time, darling," she smiles, gesturing for the two of them to follow her towards the stage. They come up to a door that leads underneath the stage and Y/N follows behind the stage manager, careful not to hit her head on the low hanging beams as she takes her place on the rising platform, adjusting her inner-ear monitor and microphone.

The music starts playing throughout the arena and the voices of her team fill the inner-ear monitor.

"Ready in 3.. 2.. 1," says the technical team as Y/N gives a thumbs up to the stage manager, her platform beginning to rise as she steadies herself so that she doesn't fall forward.

"How are we feeling tonight, Dublin?!" Y/N shouts to the crowd as her platform finally stops, allowing her to step out onto the stage, the roars of the crowd making her smile to herself. "This first song that I'm going to perform for you lot tonight was co-written by a great friend of mine. It means a lot to me and when Calum Scott and I were in the studio writing it, I couldn't help but think of my beautiful fiance. So Florence, my love, this one's for you," Y/N says as she takes a deep breath, trying to keep herself from crying as the crowd cheers her on.

Unbeknown to Y/N, Florence had used her day off from filming her new film, The Wonder, down in Wicklow, to make her way to Dublin in order to attend her show. So there she stood, down in the pit, staring up at her beautiful girlfriend and surrounded by Y/N's many fans. As the song starts, Florence could feel her heart swell with nothing but love and admiration for the girl who was sat on the steps of the runway, singing into the microphone while the arena was filled with the flashlights of everyone's phones.