Chapter 1 First Encounter

DISCLAIMER: MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH AND SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHO IT IS.

Cover created by ladyarchangel74

The first time that Klaus Mikaelson saw Jade Howlett was when he was sitting at a table in Mystic Grill having a drink. Klaus walked into the bar and saw the most beautiful woman with brown hair and hazel eyes sitting at the bar, alone. He was about to make his move towards the lovely young lady when Klaus saw Damon Salvatore sit down next to her instead. Slightly irritated at being cock blocked by the baby vampire, Klaus decided to sit at a table and observe.

Instantly, Damon started hitting on the brunette, who completely ignored Damon's advances. The young lady never once glanced at the blue-eyed vampire. She sat there drinking her scotch. Damon was a little flustered and annoyed that the woman he sat next to was ignoring him. Sure he loved Elena, but she was with Stefan, and there was no harm in him having a little fun. When Damon first sat down next to the hazel-eyed beauty, he thought that she would be overwhelmed by his charms, but she didn't respond at all. Without even looking at Damon, the brunette set her empty glass down and motioned to the bartender for another drink. Damon smirked and leaned towards her.

“What's the matter, Sweetheart? Cat got your tongue?” Damon asked with a smirk.

The young woman lifted the glass to her lips then paused, “Go fuck yourself,” She said, then downed her drink.

Klaus, who had been watching, stifled a laugh at seeing the surprised look on Damon's face. But Klaus's face hardened when he saw the furious look on Damon's face as he grabbed the girl's arm and turned her to face him. Klaus realized that Damon would compel her, and he was not going to let that happen. At that moment, Damon looked right into the woman's eyes, “You're going to come home with me, and I'm going to have my way with you.”

Klaus's blood boiled. There were many things that Klaus had no problem doing, but there were two things that he would never do. One was the killing of children, and the other was the raping of women. He was about to stand up to put a stop to what Damon was doing when the woman looked Damon up and down then turned back around, “Pass,” She said to Damon, leaving him shocked that she had resisted his compulsion.

Damon grabbed the woman's arm in a painful grip, “Who are you? Are you wearing vervain?”

The woman raised an elegant eyebrow at him, then looked at his hand on her arm. “I suggest you let me go before I hurt you, Bub.”

Damon laughed and squeezed harder. The woman seemed to be unfazed, “And what are you going to do to me if I don't let go?”

Klaus's eyes widened when suddenly the woman had twisted Damon's arm behind his back and slammed his head into the bar. Damon struggled, but he couldn't free himself; the woman leaned into his ear and whispered, “Try that shit with me again, Fucker, and I won't be as nice.”

She then threw some money onto the bar then released Damon, and walked out. Klaus laughed and sat down next to Damon, who was fuming at being humiliated, “I see you still have a way with the ladies, Salvatore.”

Damon glared at Klaus, “Fuck off, Mikaelson,” Damon growled out, then hurried out of the bar after the woman.

It didn't take Damon long to find the young woman that had humiliated him; she hadn't gotten very far. With Damon's superior speed, he quickly caught the woman and dragged her into the alley. Growling, Damon slammed the young woman against the wall and squeezed her neck.

“Did you honestly think you could get away with what you did in the bar, little girl?” Damon spat.

The young woman didn't flinch; she smirked at him instead, “Yeah, I did.”

“Well, you thought wrong, little human.”

The brunette laughed and stared at the blue-eyed vampire,  “Who said I was human?”

Damon paused, “What does-”

Damon didn't get a chance to finish his sentence. He suddenly noticed that shadows began to move; they reached out for him like tentacles and wrapped themselves around his arms, legs, and his throat. The shadows pulled him away from the girl and pinned him to the wall. Damon began to struggle, but the more he struggled, the tighter the shadows clamped down on him.

“What kind of fucking witch are you?” Damon spat at his captor.

The girl laughed as she walked around. Damon then sighed, “You vampires have no imagination. You're not the only thing that goes bump in the night. You're only more obvious than my kind,” She whispered in his ear.

“Now, what to do with you? ” The hazel-eyed woman asked herself. Her eyes brightened as an idea came to her, “Oh, I know!”

Damon watched in horror as the woman's eyes began to swirl, changing from hazel to an eerie green color. She held her hand out and shadowed formed in it. The shadow swirled in her palm for a moment, then lunged at Damon. Damon gasped as he felt something being ripped from his body, he looked down and found that his still-beating heart was lying on the street, but there was no exit wound. 

“You bitch,” He gasped out with his dying breath.

The woman gave Damon a feral grin, “Yeah, and you're dead.” She said, then released her hold on the shadows. Damon's body slumped to the ground next to his now still heart.

Klaus would have followed after Damon, but after that display, he thought the woman could handle herself. He was right. When Klaus walked out of the bar and made his way towards his car, he saw a figure sprawled out on the ground in the alley. Curious to see what had happened, Klaus made his way over. What he found startled him; Damon was dead on the floor with his heart lying next to him. The odd thing was there was no entrance wound on the body. Klaus kneeled for a closer look, “Intriguing,” Klaus muttered to himself. When he stood, he looked around to see if anyone was around; Klaus then pulled out his phone and called Stefan.

“Hello?”

“Damon is dead, mate. I suggest you make your way to the alley behind the Grill and collect his body.” Klaus informed his former friend.

“What did you do?!” Stefan exclaimed.

“For once, nothing. I found Damon dead with his heart ripped out.”

There was a silence on the phone, “Alright, I'll be there shortly,” Stefan said, his voice cracking. “Who killed my brother?”

“I have no idea,” Klaus told Stefan, though Klaus was pretty sure that it had been the woman in the bar.

Klaus hung up then walked back to his car. He looked around to see if he spotted the woman, but she was nowhere to be found. Getting into his car, Klaus drove back to his mansion, determined to find this woman. He never did. She had vanished without a trace. Klaus wondered if she had been a witch, but usually, he could sense witches, and he hadn't felt anything from the woman at the bar. As far as he could tell, she was only a simple human. Klaus wondered to himself, how did the woman kill Damon without leaving any wounds on him? Klaus was determined to find her again, not only because of her power but because he felt a strange pull towards her that wouldn't leave him. Klaus smirked as he stood in the study and took a sip from his drink, “I will see you again, love.” Klaus told himself.

It would be years before he would see the brown-haired beauty again.