Chapter 7 Surprise Gift

That night when Klaus went to sleep, he slept very restlessly. His dreams were plagued with the images of Jade at the casino and how lovely she looked. Klaus dreamt that he had approached Jade and danced with her all night. As the night progressed, their dancing became more intimate. Klaus saw himself kissing Jade's jaw and licking down her neck, tempted to drink from her as she moaned and gripped his hair. Klaus's nose filled with her intoxicating scent, and he felt himself get hard. Klaus slowly ground his erection into Jade's clothed core and dipped her back, kissing down her throat towards her luscious breasts. She moaned his name and held him closer to her. Suddenly Jade was yanked out of Klaus's arms by that damn Cajun, and the room exploded into bright red. Klaus shielded his eyes when he could see again they were gone, and he was alone.

Klaus's eyes shot open, and he growled. Klaus was pissed and embarrassed. He was pissed because that damn Cajun invaded his dream, and he was embarrassed to find his hand down his boxers, gripping tightly to his cock and covered in cum.

Klaus got up and ripped off his boxers, throwing them away. He walked naked into the bathroom and turned the shower on cold. Klaus couldn't believe that he needed a cold shower, but there he was, standing under the stream of freezing water.

‘What is this woman doing to me? Why can't I get her out of my head?’ Klaus thought as he stood under the shower and washed.

He had never felt this way about anyone in his entire life, not Tatia, not Aurora, Caroline, or Camille. Klaus felt whole, and for the first time in his life, Klaus felt at peace when he thought of Jade. If he was close to her, the feelings were stronger; he could only imagine how intense it would feel when Jade became his.

Klaus got out of the shower, dried off, and got dressed. When he was ready, he made his way downstairs to the kitchen, where he could hear his siblings talking. Klaus rolled his eyes when he heard Rebekah talking about throwing a ball.

“What's the occasion this time, Sister?” Klaus asked as he walked past her and went to the refrigerator to get a blood bag. He grabbed a glass from the cupboard and poured the blood into the glass, and took a sip. Klaus leaned against the counter and watched as Elijah cooked breakfast and his sister sat at the island telling him about her ball.

Rebekah glared at Klaus, “There's no occasion, Nik. I only want to throw a ball. Do you have a problem with that?”

Klaus was about to tell his sister he didn't care when an idea hit him. He could use this as an opportunity to meet Jade and sweep her off her feet. Show her that he's better than that Cajun asshole she was with last night.

Klaus gave his sister a devious smile, “No, sister, I do not have a problem with it. I think it's a fantastic idea.”

Rebekah's eyes narrowed, “What in bloody hell are you planning, Nik.”

Klaus grinned, “Nothing. If you'll excuse me, I have some shopping to do,” With that, Klaus finished his blood and set the glass in the sink, then left.

“Wait, Nik! You have to tell me who kicked your ass last night!” Rebekah called out.

Klaus ignored his sister and walked out the door. He was feeling too good to let her ruin his mood. Klaus walked through the French Quarter and made his way to a familiar dress shop. Klaus decided that he would gift Jade with a beautiful gown and invite her to the ball. It would be perfect for him to get to know her.