Chapter 5 Cajun Casanova

Jade continued to walk through the French Quarter, enjoying the sights and sounds. Once in a while, she would grimace as she caught the scent of vampires that had recently fed, and she quickly picked up which real witches owned shops and avoided those. It cracked her up when a group of werewolves passed her and quickly avoided her. Jade knew that the werewolves felt a superior predator in the area though they couldn't pinpoint where or who she was.

For his part, Klaus thought that his presence was keeping his female safe, and he smirked, knowing that no one would dare attack what was his, even if he hadn't claimed her yet. His mere presence was enough to deter anyone. Klaus continued to watch the young woman as she strolled through his domain. Suddenly he frowned when Klaus heard the woman's phone ring and a man's voice was on the other end.

Jade had been walking when her phone rang, and she looked at the caller ID. She smirked when she saw that Gambit calling her, "Hello?"

"Hello, mon chéri. I heard you were in town."

"And I thought you were at home."

"Yes, I was, but things have been a little boring, so I decided to do a little gambling, and what better place than my hometown," Gambit told Jade.

"Okay, so to what do I owe this call?"

"Well, Amour, a little bird told me you would be here a while, and several of us are having a card game tonight. Do you want in? I'll make it worth your while," Gambit said flirtatiously.

"Who's going to be there?" Jade asked.

"Oh, the usual crowd and a few others I know you're dying to meet."

Jade's eyes lit up, she was hoping to meet some Mutants, and she knew that it was what Remy meant.

"As long as you don't cheat, I'll go."

Gambit laughed, "Mon Amie, you know I can't cheat if you're around, you would know."

Jade laughed again, "Damn, right, Remy. Tell me where to meet you, and I'll be there."

Remy gave Jade the address, and then they hung up. Klaus, who had been listening to the entire conversation, was fuming in anger. Whoever this Remy person was, Klaus was not about to let him take the woman he wanted away from him, even if that meant killing him.

Jade explored a little longer then headed back to her hotel to change for the card game. While she did that, Klaus took the opportunity to head home and do the same thing. Since he had the address, he would meet the mysterious woman there and observe her. As he was leaving the compound, Elijah stopped Klaus and asked him where he was going.

"Out," Klaus answered, "Don't worry, Brother, I have no intention of causing trouble unless I have to."

That didn't settle Elijah's nerves one bit, but there was nothing he could do. If Klaus was determined to go wherever he was going, there was no stopping him. Klaus immediately made his way back to the woman's hotel, the woman he had yet to learn her name, and waited outside for her to leave.

A few moments later, Jade left and caught a cab to the Harrah's New Orleans Hotel and Casino in the French Quarter. Of course, Klaus knew exactly where that was and quickly made his way to the hotel. He arrived in time to see the young lady get out of the cab and go inside. Klaus waited a few minutes then followed.