02. Well Needed Rest

"Natsu."

It was night already. The others had left for the trials several hours ago. Lucy had waited at the guild the entire day. She hoped Natsu would show up, but she knew he was stubborn. So, as expected, she waited for nothing.

By the time it was nine, Bisca had convinced the girl to head home and rest.

So, as she sat at her desk writing to her mother, she was honestly a little surprised when she heard Natsu stumble through her window, onto her bed.

She had half a mind to lucy kick him and yell at him before she remember the events of the day. She sighed and set down her pencil before getting up and walking towards the slayer who remained face first on her bed. When she got closer she heard him mutter 'ow. owww. shit' she rolled her eyes because- no matter what happened, Natsu was still Natsu.

When she got no reply she got slightly annoyed. Then she remembered something.

He just climbed up here...that idiot-! He's still hurt! Doesn't he know he shouldn't being exhausting himself! 

Nope. This wasn't going to slide with her.

She walked up towards the edge of the bed and looked down at other mage. She then proceeded to grab his ear and twisted and pulled it.

Natsu jumped up from his spot on the bed and rubbed his abused ear.

"Owwwww! Luce! What was that for?!" Natsu looked at Lucy who simply smirked in return.

"Your an idiot."

He looked at her confused. "What?"

"Natsu. Listen to me. Got it?" She looked at Natsu who nodded at her to continue. "YOUR AN IDIOT!" 

"AH! What?! What'd I do?!"

"Your INJURED Natsu! You should be resting at your home and not breaking into MY apartment! ESPECIALLY by CLIMBING THE BUILDING! Your lucky I haven't kicked you out yet!"

Natsu looked terrified at the thought of a 'lucy kick' before he prosessed the rest of her words.

He realized she was indeed right. About all of it really. He did take a while to climb up to the window, he's usually up in just a few seconds. Not that he'd tell her that.

"Aw come on Luce! What'd you want me to do?"

Lucy gave him a deadpanned look. "Use the door. Like a normal person."

Natsu grinned weakly at her, arms and legs still hurting.

"Plus, do you know what time it is? It's 11, Natsu, 11."

"But your still awake Luce. Whatcha doin' up?" He looked up at her and grinned some more, the grin slowly becoming more and more Natsu like.

"None of your bussiness, idiot!"

Paying no mind to the insult- he knew she didn't really mean it- he settled down on the bed. Lucy watched him in disbelief. "What are you doing?!"

He turned to look at her as if she were stupid. "What does it look like I'm doing, weirdo." Lucy gave him an incredulous look.

"This is my apartment, you shouldn't even be- no, no. You know what, forget it. You need rest. Thats the only reason I stayed back."

At the reminder of her staying on his behalf, he frowned slightly.

"So, move it. Ill get you a pillow and blanket and you can sleep on the couch. Got it?"

Natsu pouted at that. "Awh come ooonnnnnn Lucyyyy. Why can't I just sleep with youuu?" He wined.

Lucy froze at that, turning almost as red as Erza's hair.

"Wha-what are you- wha-" Lucy sputtered out. "Do you even know what you said?!"

Natsu stared at her, confusion written all over his face. "Huh? What do ya mean?"

Lucy sighed. Of course he didn't even know what that sentence implied. "You know what. Nevermind Natsu, it doesn't matter."

Natsu grinned at her again. "Whatever ya' weirdo." As he spoke he felt a sudden pain in his ribs and stomach again, arms and legs still soar. Well, it never really went away, per say, he just didn't pay attention to it. He was distracted from the pain talking to Lucy. Although when he talked to her, the pain he felt was replaced with another type of pain. Well, not pain, but some feeling. Eh, its not to important, so why give it much thought?

Lucy noticed his discomfort and told him to wait while she got some medicine. After he finished taking it Lucy told him to head to the couch because- no, he couldn't sleep on the same bed as her- and he needed to rest more. After some bickering back and forth on where he was to sleep, 'But Luce- come onnn!' 'No! Natsu, just go! We're still in the same room, it won't kill you!' 'But-' 'No! No buts!' 'Heh- you said butts-' 'OUT!', he reluctantly settled for the couch.

Lucy sighed, again.

As she was laying on her bed, she reflected on some things.

Finally, I can get some rest. Natsu too. This is definitely some well needed rest. He needs to recover. I hope he isn't to upset still. He didn't want to talk about it. I tried mentioning the trials, but he just avoided it. But, I could see it in his eyes. He still feels the hurt. I mean, of course he does. It only just happened today. Hopefully he'll talk about it tomorrow. At least he's resting I guess. He should be better soon. With Wendy and Porlyusica's help, and the meds he just took now, he should be completely healed in a day or two. Sucks they couldn't push back the trials.

Lucy closed her eyes slowly falling asleep.

Well, I hope their doing alright. And I hope Cana can tell Gildarts, if not, I'll help her when she's back. Can't wait to see them again.

Before she completely drifted off, she whispered into the darkness, knowing what she'll say will reach who she was speaking to.

"Night Natsu."

______

Natsu's ears twitched, a small smile spreading across his face as he slept peacefully.