04. Fallen Comrades

Time had felt as if it where going agonizingly slow. Search parties headed out everyday. The general population helped as well. Civilians would even go around towns, trying to help any way they possibly could. They had hope into finding the lost fairies. I mean, they were apart of Fairy Tail, and most on the island had been extremely strong and powerful. So, they had to be alive and out there- right?

Wrong.

A year into that and they had their doubts. As the time went on, less and less kept looking. They had no more hope into finding them.

What was the point in looking for something you knew you wouldn't find?

Guilds keep the search on. They looked for awhile longer before they too had stopped.

By the year x786, the Fairy Tail guild and one other were the only ones who continued to search for their lost comrades. 

There was no public announcement determining the official state of them. Though the council had pushed for it, the guild master had refused.

They- along with the only guild who continued to help, Lamia Scale- kept looking.

After some time though, they needed closure. They needed to move on. It wasn't healthy staying stuck in the past, always thinking about then instead of now. Their lost comrades wouldn't want that for them. Perhaps they were just in denial and they had been gone all this time. Never a chance at returning to their home. They had decided that they needed to be honored the best ways possible. Closure need to be given to anyone and everyone who possibly cared.

Names were carved on a huge stone wall. Those same names carved on individual stones. People from all over gathered around, some holding candles, others holding lanterns. As words were spoken and tears were shed, the final sentence had been spoken. Each light was lifted into the sky, the lanterns released into the sky, lighting up the dark night. Shaky hands had been lifted, a single sign presenting itself on each one.

On the anniversary day of when their lost comrades had disappeared, the year x787-

they were no longer their 'lost comrades'.

They were their fallen comrades.

.
.
.

Thank you for reading! :)

~later