05. Partners

Four years since team tenrou had went missing. One year since they were officially declared deceased.

x788

Natsu sighed contently at the feeling of his girlfriend laying pushed up against him. His hand rested around her waist, rubbing softly where her tank top had lifted. Looking at the back on her head, her beautiful blonde hair tickling his noise, he couldn't help but continue to wonder if this was a dream.

How was the most beautiful, amazing, wonderful women, sleeping contently in his arms?

What had he done to deserve that? Nothing. He couldn't think of anything.

But here she was anyways.

She had always been there, since the day they met
'Who the heck was that guy?'
'I don't know, but he was a real creep. Thank you for your help!'

As soon as Lucy had joined the guild, they were basically best friends. They were partners. Of course Happy was there as well.

Eventually, they formed a team with Erza and Gray, Wendy and Carla coming along shortly after that.
Looking at the team they had formed- admittedly, unknowingly at first- from the outside, well, you'd see Fairy Tail's strongest team, some going as far as to believe stronger then any other team in guild history.

It wasn't really to far a stretch either.

Erza Scarlet: Titania

Natsu Dragneel: Salamander

Gray Fullbuster: Ice Devil Slayer

Lucy Heartfilia: Celestial Princess

Wendy Marvel: The Sky Maiden

And together, well together it felt as though they were unstoppable.

But even so, if you were to trace back the history of the team, you would find that it all started with just the two- along with Happy of course. 

Now here they were, about 5 years later, and it was just the two again.

It was a painful thought.

But they were partners. Adjusting to the changes did not prove to be easy. Of course it wouldn't. But they were there for each other.

And eventually, as they continued being partners, they became partners.

They were completely and utterly filled with love for the other. More love then they thought possible.
Its been this way for 3 years now.

Each time they looked in each others eyes, it was as though they could see the life they had ahead together. Together.

They were each others rock.

Sometimes though, Natsu doubted that.
Doubted that he deserved her.
Her smile. Her words of comfort. Her gentle hands. 

When did he prove deserving of that? What if he wasn't strong enough to protect her? He knew Lucy was more then capable of protecting herself. But the thought still lingered.

The others though they were strong enough to-

"Natsu."

A soft voice, just barely a whisper, broke him out of where ever his thoughts were going.

He tightened his arm around her waist for a second, a conformation he was listening.

Still facing away from him, she spoke softly, "What's on your mind, huh?"

His face went to one of confusion, although she couldn't see that. "Eh? Whadda ya mean Luce?"
She frowned slightly, knowing that something was bothering him. "Natsu, I could feel you tense up you know. Now tell me." He could hear the slight undertone of worry that laced her words.

Natsu cursed himself in his mind. Now, not only had he woken her up, he's made her worried.
Not the best way to start the day. Especially when he planned to-

"Natsu?"

"It's nothin Luce."

"Its something. Please just tell me."

He smiled slightly. Even if he was mad that he made her worry, he loved the way she could tell he was lying. It was something that made him love him a little more. She could always tell when something was wrong. "Its nothing important Lucy. You don't gotta worry 'bout me."

She shifted in his arms, turning to face the pink haired man. He gave her a small grin as he watched her settle back down. She peered up towards him, a small pout present. She brought one hand up to lightly hit his bare chest before softly placing a small kiss where his heart was. "You trust me, don't you?" she moved her head back slightly to get a good look at his face. "What? Cours' I do Lucy. More then-" he was abruptly cut off when he felt her give him a small but lingering kiss, silencing him. 

They parted, but she didn't move to far, her nose barely touching his. "Okay then. I trust you, Natsu. And I know you trust me. I know that when your ready, you'll tell me whatever's bothering you. Just know that I'm always here." 

They smiled softly at each other. Natsu couldn't wait for what the rest of the day held for them. Lucy instantly put he's worries at ease. Not completely gone, no, but much better.

Lucy brought her hands to his face- those gentle hands- and brought his face closer, softly rubbing their noises together. He responded back instantly a soft, growl? Purr? He wasn't sure what, it only being an instinct. Lucy giggled softly, the sound being the most beautiful thing he's ever heard.

Yeah, Natsu was definitely looking forward to the new day.
A day he knew they've both been waiting for.
The day he was going to ask her to officially allow him to be hers, and hers only.
For her to be his, and only his.

.
.
.

heellllooooo everyone! quick update since the last one i posted last night!

thank you for reading! it means a lot! :)

~later