Self destruction and repair (chap 6)

(Should probably put a warning- TW mentions of suicide, self harm, and so on -Affoa)

No one's pov

The internships were taking place and Izuku had yet to be found. Aizawa had kept to himself with his suspicions. With all his students going to different cities and areas his worry had increased. He had convinced himself that their hero's should be at least a bit competent. He had hoped so, but he didn't have much hope. 

He realized his main worry was Izuku Midoriya, and Midoriya was someone he had to give his entire focus to.  The boy was still out and about and was missing out on this huge opportunity for his career. Aizawa didn't think he needed it as much as the others due to his recent discovery, but having a hero on his side would be good for the future. 

The teacher now had time to search for his student. Aizawa was currently seated at his desk in the teacher's lounge at UA. Finishing the last of his paperwork he had decided to continue his search. He had a lot on his plate with Averta being reintroduced to the scenes. He could feel a headache coming along. His research had been coming along and everything he could find worried him more. 

The name "Deku" was well known among all his underground contacts and any form of brooker he could contact. Apparently he was one of the rare few to survive past 3 years and it was assumed he'd live longer, until of course they arrived and put a premature stop to the bet. He had escaped and was assumed dead by everyone who knew the name. His distinct viridian eyes and black green hair with freckles was well known. 

Although he was glad he was finding things out, he couldn't help but be worried. He heard of his achievements but also of his battle scars. The idiot criminals even spoke about what they did, what injuries they and others caused, thinking Aizawa was some criminal or homeless thug. They were wrong and realized it the second they were staring into his glowing red eyes. 

Let's just say Aizawa gained a few 'nicknames' from his search. 

On the other side of the spectrum stood Izuku. He was going on full Salvare mode. His new search for the hero killer had caused him to lose sleep. He couldn't stop his search for Averta, taking down any criminals who knew of their name. His mind was reliving the memories of that time, his nightmares becoming more frequent. Izuku was, in a way, dying. 

Any injuries he received was treated to the point of not hindering his movements, however they were never fully healed. His body was slowly gaining scars, though not many, he knew of each and every one. He of course had good enough medical knowledge, not professional, but much more than the average hero or person. His eyebags were becoming darker with each sleepless night used to avoid the nightmares.

Izuku recognized this state. After Suna and Mitro were gone he'd gone into a phase of self destruction. He took on every fight he could, leaving all his opponents a bloody mess. He blatantly ignored his injuries or health and made reckless decisions. He didn't think about how to defeat an opponent, only attacking them until they broke. 

He never killed, but that doesn't mean he wasn't close to doing so. The boy regretted these times. He had a lot of regret, but he was ashamed by these moments. Yet he couldn't stop. He'd tell himself over and over that there was a point. That he needed to do it. He needed to give the fallen peace for their death. 

He reminded himself that he needed to do this. If he didn't, who would? He couldn't trust anyone to do so anyway. Even if his mind flashed to his uncles, to Aizawa, to Hawks, to the detective, he ignored the thought. After all, he believed they didn't know. This secret was something he'd suffer far too much into sharing. 

Maybe, maybe if they had known, he'd think about it. But to him they didn't, so he wouldn't allow himself to humor the thought. This was his problem, his past, his responsibility. He didn't mind he was running himself right into a grave. If he could bring them down, he'd be happy with any consequence he received.