CHAPTER 11: The Dinner

Sometimes you need to forget what you feel and remember what you deserve. ~Anonymous

"C'mon everyone, what's taking you all so long? I am the one who is 70 now and you young people act like you are more than 90" Grams said in an irritated voice.

"Oh, mom everyone isn't as energetic and lively as you" My mom replied.

We were all going out today for a dinner, for celebrating Grams's 70th birthday. I was really happy about this. These were the moments I wished for every day for the past 6 years and finally, after all my pleadings and prayers, this was actually happening. I am with my family now. I am not in that hell anymore. I finally escaped!

They all were wearing very beautiful, elegant, and expensive clothes, whereas all I wore was a plain black, full sleeve, ankle-length gown with a v neck which wasn't deep at all. It was very plain and cheap but this was all I could afford. I would not ever bought it if Mr. and Mrs. Smith didn't have organized a small party for their café's 5-year anniversary celebration.

"Are we all ready?" Grams said cheerfully.

"Yes we are" Jane, Anna, Maria and aunt said in unison.

"Let's go!" Jake said cheerfully.

We went out of the house where the cars were parked. There were all luxurious cars like Land Rover, Rolls Royce, Mercedes, BMW, etc. but the one which took my attention was a black Porsche 911. It was my favorite car. I had always wanted one. If I didn't commit that one mistake, I would've been in a better place. I would even have a chance to sit or maybe buy this beauty.

I unconsciously went towards it, wanting to touch and take one good look at it. I was about to touch the shining black Porsche 911 when a voice boomed behind me which made me stop on my track.

"Where the fuck do you think you are going?" Aunt Melissa said with her venomous voice.

"I am going towards the car" I answered in my duh tone.

"Who do you think you are to even think of touching such a luxurious car which clearly costs more than your own shitty worth?" she said with a smirk and in the same tone.

I couldn't reply to anything. What was I for them now, after all, I did? A burden, that is bound by blood or just an unwanted guest?

"Why do you care Melissa? The car doesn't belong to you. Today is my birthday and I don't want you to spoil it for me." Grams told aunt in a warning tone.

"True, the car doesn't belong to me but it is also true that she does not deserve to be in this house or this car or even attend this wedding after everything she did," Aunt replied

"Stop it, Melissa, just stop. Don't spoil this day" grams said and walked towards one of the cars.

I sighed. I was happy that I was here with my family and could get a chance to see this black beauty in front of me. Asking for anything else would be wrong and selfish.
I sighed. I don't want more drama but I guess drama and my karma won't ever leave me alone.

I was about to go after my grams to sit in one of the cars when a voice stopped me. "Sit in this car Alice," Adriano said. When I turned around to see which car, my eyes widened. He was telling me to sit in the same black Porsche 911.

"Adriano, Why would you even say that? She doesn't deserve to sit with you. How can you forget wh-..." before aunt Melissa could complete her sentence Adriano interrupted her and said "I know what happened. It all happened to me, not to you. I am the one to feel bad for remembering the past. Besides, it's just about a car. Why is that such a big issue?"