CHAPTER 12: The Drive

I should not blame anyone for leaving me, I mean look at me, I wanna leave me too but the thing that hurts the most is that nobody notices how hard I try to hold back my tears every day. Nobody cares. ~Anonymous

I cleared my throat to grab their attention. They broke their kiss after noticing my presence and awkwardly tried to adjust themselves. Both their faces were flustered due to the kiss and their dresses were disheveled as they sat in their respective seats.

I was heartbroken. No matter how much I try to accept this, it's just so difficult for me. I am so selfish to want more but it's just too much for me to handle. I know things have changed and the tables have turned. I am no longer the person I was before. I am completely different and so is my world.

I sat on my seat and closed the door. There was an awkward silence in the car. Adriano cleared his throat to speak but he couldn't think of anything to initiate the conversation.
Nobody knew how to end this torturing silence until Jane finally spoke "Hey Alice! Umm.." She paused awkwardly for a second and then spoke again. "I-I didn't know you were going to sit with us not that I mind it, it's just a little unexpected. I-I am sorry that you had to see us like that I... "
I broke her a little speech by saying "I sat in this car while coming here so I thought I'd go back in the same. If I had any idea of you people having a full-blown make-out session and practically eating each other's faces I'd gladly have gone and sat with grams." I said looking outside the car as I couldn't look at any of them, especially him. His eyes would do so many things to me. Adriano had now started the engine and we were off on the way home. I was glad that my voice surprisingly came out stronger than I thought but on the inside, I was breaking apart. I shouldn't feel like this. I was the one to betray him, leave him and break our relationship. I should not expect for more but deep down, some sick part of me wants everything back. I don't know why but that part of me wants Adriano to try to mend our relationship, to give me one more chance but he is clearly moved on from me, from 'us'. There's no 'us' for him anymore. Though I still wished and hope for the idea of 'us' together again now it's just too late.

I could clearly see the amount of love Jane had for Adriano in her sea-blue eyes and looking at him I could tell he is more than ok with her feelings towards him. They are closer than ever. I know after everything that has happened in these past years, he won't want to step away from whatever relationship they're having or gonna have.

Jane is my sister and she is a good person but... I just, I- I just don't want her to marry him. Here I said it!
I am selfish I know but my heart wants what it wants and I can't change that.
I've gone through a lot worse than this but I don't know why this hurts so bad.

"I am still sorry Alice. We just didn't expect you to be here but you have to understand we are going to get married and I... " I cut her again by saying "Look just stop saying that. You and I both are very different. We're getting what we deserve and if you are concerned about whether or not I am going to destroy whatever relationship you guys have, then you are wrong. I am not here for that. So you can just chill and stop telling me the same thing again and again" I spoke. My voice came out irritated and I was angry. I know I have committed a lot of mistakes in the past but for that, I had to go through all corners of hell as my karma. I am done with all of this. Why me? Why does everything have to happen to me? Why can't I just live a normal life? Jane got everything she ever dreamt of. She is a company lawyer, is rich and beautiful, has a good name and reputation and is loved by everyone and now she is going to get married to Adriano. Heck! they even look good together. They are like the perfect couple and I-I am just a nobody. Not wanted by anyone, always despised and hated. I am jealous and angry at my destiny. Why can't I just get some break from all of this? Why do I have to be the one to always get hurt? I am just done with all of this.
"Listen I just -" Jane again started speaking but this time Adriano cut her off and said
"How are you different than her?" He said.

"You know how " I mumbled.

I don't know why I was feeling so angry and hurt. All I wanted was to go and curl up on my bed.

"No, I don't. Though I agree that you both are different women with different personalities and opinions which is amazing I am damn sure you didn't mean that sentence in this sense. Care to explain?" He said raising his eyebrows and looking at me through the rearview mirror. I heard Jane sigh loudly probably because of us interrupting her again and again.

"Why do u care? And why do you think you know so much about me? If you did, you would have known what I had done and why I had done that but you didn't. If you knew about me you would have known so many things about me but guess what you don't. You know nothing about me." I almost shouted. My hurt and pain were slowly turning into anger.

"Alice, you can't just shout at him like that. Why are you so angry all of a sudden? Is it because of the kiss?" She paused and took a deep breath before continuing, "Look, we are going to get married soon and we're just doing the things that couples usually do, and plus you are here because of our wedding invitation, you are here to attend the wedding. I know you had a past with him but you were the one to destroy that. I am sorry if my words hurt you but it is what it is." She spoke defensively.

Suddenly Adriano pressed the breaks and I realized we had reached home. Well, 'the mansion' I guess. It's no home for me. I am told as clear as day that I am just a mere guest here.

"You know what, I know what I did and why I did that so you don't have to remind me of it every now and then. And to be clear I am neither here to attend your wedding nor to spoil it. I am not here to destroy whatever relationship you guys have. I am here for grams. She wanted me to come and fortunately or unfortunately your wedding had to be exactly at the same time when she's asked me to come and meet her. So it's just a formality for me. I know no one wants me here. I will go as soon as your wedding ends so that I can spend some more time with grams." I paused for a second and then continued with a smirk on my face "So now you both can happily continue your make-out session and eat each other faces. I'd like to go and sleep." I couldn't be there any longer. So with that said I open the door, stepped out, and started walking toward the mansion. I didn't stop until I reached my room. I locked it and went towards my bed not before changing my dress into something comfier and taking a quick shower. I curled up on my bed. I took a deep breath again trying to calm myself. I could hear everyone talking and laughing downstairs. I even heard Jake calling out for me but right now all I wanted was to sleep at least an hour before the nightmares come to haunt me. I know they won't leave me anytime soon.

******

******

A/N: Hey beautiful readers.
I hope you all are good. Here's the new chapter. I hope you people like it.
It's currently 12:30 at night and I have my college tomorrow it's a little hectic for now but I am trying my best to update and post new chapters ASAP!

So stay tuned for them if you want to know and unravel the mystery :)

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share this story.

Spread love ❣

~Love 𝔅

******