Chapter 13

Lexa POV

She was back in a meeting room. The room was smaller but everything looked similar to their normal meeting room. The floor was made out of wood that looked like it's been there since the beginning of time, a nail would stick out every few boards with some floor boards lifted up. The table was a cirlce instead of a rectangle, made out of wood, the legs were curved and had all kinds of designs carved into it. The walls were faded into smokey blackness and a simple chandelier hanged down with a few candles. The ceiling was faded into black just like walls but it had small metal swings that held candles all over. Her throne was the one she had most times, it was the one that she had in Polis.

Lexa looked in front of her. Aeolus was sitting in the throne across from her. He was the only one in the room with her. They both had fancy metal cups, filled with a dark red drink. In the center of the table their was a chess board that looked like it had been through hell and back. The board had chips and scratched in it with black smudges all over it. Some of the pieces were chipped just like the board.

"Alexandria." Aeolus said. "I finally talked the other Commanders into letting me have a private talk with you. I want to know what you are think about these people from Bellmare." Aeolus reached forward and moved a pawn. "Since your wife, Hedatu, has taught you to play, let's talk over chess." Lexa looked at the board and moved a pawn.

"I trust Fiona Creed but that's it. She seemed to know what battles to fight and to leave alone. She obeyed the blockade and tried to stop Prince Jax Bancroft from crossing it. The guards captured them, bring them to me and Hedatu." Aeolus moved his knight. "We questioned Fiona and she was telling the truth from what we could tell, her story lined up and everything."

    "What is their reason of entering your land?" Aeolus asked, as Lexa made her move on the chess board.

"There land is dying according to Fiona Creed. They are looking for survivable land to move to. They were also the reason the water was rising in the ocean near Floukru." Aeolus moved a pawn. "I don't know how they were doing it but they said that King Leon Bancroft knew the infomation if we really wanted to know."

"So who is this Fiona Creed? Is she related to Prince Jax Bancroft?" Lexa moved a bishop.

"From what I can tell, she's a rebel. She said that men run things there. The woman are just wives who take care of children and cook and clean. She doesn't agree with it. Fiona snuck on the ship to go on this mission. I don't really know much about her otherwise." Aeolus made his move. "She isn't related to Jax Bancroft at all." Lexa added.

"I'm guessing Bellmare didn't get hit by praimfaya." Aeolus said, waiting for Lexa to make her move. Lexa nodded as she moved her pawn to take Aeolus's pawn. She moved the pawn to the side of the board. "I will tell you, they are coming back and if you don't take action about the rumors things will go to hell."

"We will after we get back." Lexa said. "We were only aware that rumors were going around recently."

"Luckily, your Commanding skills aren't as bad as your chess skills." Aeolus moved his queen in front of her king. "Checkmate." Lexa sighed. "I know you will figure out a way to calm your people, the truth wouldn't hurt. They will find out soon enough no matter what. Your choice." Aeolus started to reset the chessboard. "I know you and Hedatu are spending time together so I won't hold you here any longer. I just wanted to see what you thought from not just your thoughts."

Lexa's eyes fluttered open. She was back in the cabin. Clarke was spooning her, their legs were tangled and Clarke's arms were around. She felt Clarke's lips press to her bare shoulder. Lexa rolled onto her other side to look at Clarke. "Good morning, niron." Clarke said in a very sleepy voice. "Sleep well?"