Chapter 25

Lexa POV

They were back at their house, getting ready to go meet the King. They started to clean up the house of their clothes from earlier. They got into more formal clothes. Lexa put on her Commander gear, minus the coat and the warpaint. Clarke was doing the same as her.

She put her knives in their spotting and then looked at Clarke. She was adjusting her shirt. She walked over and hugged her from behind. Clarke turned around in her arms and then put her arms around her neck. She moved her hands to Clarke's waist.

"You're so pretty." Clarke said, looking at her.

"Why thank you but you are the one that is beautiful." Lexa said, as Clarke cupped her face with one hand. Lexa gave Clarke a soft kiss on her lips and then she stood up on her toes, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Do we have to go to the dinner with the King?" Clarke said as her thumb brushed over the scar over her eye. "I would much rather making something and then it would just be the two of us."

"Trying to get in my pants again, niron?" Lexa teased. Clarke smiled.

"No, I was thinking, I make dinner and then we lay around naked and talk about whatever we want but your option can be added if you wish." Lexa laughed softly. "Because we didn't really get to hang around naked that much before Raven rudely interrupted us."

"Last time we had hang around naked time, we got onto the topic about the color of shapes." Lexa said, smiling.

"Listen, a triangle is yellow or green, red is square, blue is circle, yello is star, orange is rectangle, purple is oval." Clarke put her hands on her shoulders. "End of conversation."

"Circle is purple." Lexa said. "And blue is oval. Red is one hundred percent square though."

"Red is square." Clarke agreed. "But everything else you said was wrong and false."

"Wrong and false?" Lexa said, laughing.

"Yep." Clarke nodded.

"Let's just go to this dinner and then we can talk about the color of shapes." Clarke sighed but nodded, knowing they had to go. "Let's go before Raven drags us there by our ears." Clarke laughed and then gave her a quick kiss before they left the house.

They started to walk in the direction of the castle. They tried to ask people for directions but just looked at them or ignored them. They gave up with directions and just tried to guess where they were going. It seemed like they were going in the correct direction because the castle kept getting closer and closer.

Eventually, they got to the castle gates. They didn't see Raven or Octavia so they were either inside already or on their way. The guards must have known they were coming because they opened the grand doors for them to walk into the building. Two guards were in front of them and two behind her as they walked through the doors.

Lexa was overwhelmed by the giant room. It was very bright, and fancy. A red carept down the center leading to an infinte amount of doors. Pillars will evenly spread out with lights on it. She looked over at Clarke to see what she was thinking. Clarke was staring at the ceiling, in awe about something because her mouth was slightly opened and her eyes were wide. She tilted her head back and saw paintings, the kinds that looked like they were from the 1400s or 1500s. Some of the color was faded and duller than the rest but it was beautiful.

Clarke almost tripped over the carpet but caught herself on Lexa's shoulder. Lexa laughed softly and helped Clarke regain her balance. "Careful there, niron." Lexa said, interlocking their arms. Clarke smiled at her and they kept their arms linked. The arms being linked seemed more of a professional thing to do than holding hands or anything that friends wouldn't do.