13th Salvo [To Hell and Back]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."

—Muhammad Ali

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The silence felt like it was going to rust away at Bismarck's hull faster than the crashing waves of the sea. It was lonely, too lonely. A strange cacophony of feelings welled up in his processor, he usually spent his time alone before he met Makie, it was in his nature. But now it just... felt wrong. Sigh, what a strange, undecipherable feeling. Loneliness truly is a curse and the sooner it's vanquished the better, Bismarck already missed hearing his nickname be uttered by a child he's slowly come to view as a daughter figure. The waiting, the silence, they constantly continued to eat away at his patience. Slowly but surely frustration built up in his core and Bismarck felt like firing a dozen salvos into the sky. Maybe's he'll be lucky and shoot the damn weapons platform he has in orbit to finally get it back into working order. 

"What boredom..." the complaint gently rolled off his tongue as his seemingly permanent expression stayed locked on the horizon, "Just how far have you ran..."

Now Bismarck can at least scratch playing mouse with a submarine off his bucket list... if he had one! Oh, what a bother. If they at least sent some manner of signal to him, but no, they instead opted to remain as hidden as possible instead of trying to regroup with him. The thought of I-401 potentially sinking hasn't even registered in Bismarck's mind, he merely pushed it as far back into his head as possible. Rather ironically, this very silence and peace would soon find itself being missed by Bismarck...

As the sea becomes an inferno...