"SURPRISE!"

England was in his living room, repeatedly stabbing something. No, that something wasn't France, though he sorely wished that it was, instead he was embroidering a handkerchief. He huffed, thinking of the many times his former colonies, France as well as many other nations called him an old man for doing so.

Embroidering was relaxing, it was like repeatedly stabbing someone, but instead of stabbing someone, you were stabbing a small square of fabric. True it wasn't exactly the same but it was the closest he could get without having the police on his tail...again.

He so wanted to rub into peoples faces that he was the infamous Jack the Ripper, but didn't because he had self-preservation instincts.

Anyways, there was a loud knock on the door, well it was more of an aggressive yet failed attempt to push down the door.

England, annoyed at the fact that he had to stop sowing and knew that it would take forever for him to take it up again.

He grumbled "Coming, coming. No need to break down the bloody door."

When he opened the door however, what he did not expect was to get glomped by two fully grown (and sadly taller than him) adults.

"America, Australia. Why."

"Oh hey Iggy"

"Hey mum"

"Don't call me that, both of you. Also get off you two are heavy."

"Oh right, sorry about that dude" America said as they both clambered off of their mother nation. The older man looked at the door and saw a bunch of his other former colonies, New zealand, Australia, India, South Africa, Hong kong, Egypt and....Canadia, wait no Canada and for some God forsaken reason. Sealand and Wy

"Right, why are all of you here?" England said, the others could tell that he was trying hard to keep the hopefulness out of his voice and failed. After all, they barely ever visited alone and pretty much never all together so he had all the right to be happy.

"We decided that we should visit you for a bit because its Christmas!" Australia said excitedly.

England stepped to the side and said: "Come in then, stop standing in the cold, for god's sake you should have told me beforehand, I haven't cleaned any of your rooms in ages."

"Iggy, stop being such a grandma, we'll be fine."
Apparently, neither he nor Australia noticed the strange feeling in the room, the others, however, did.

Hong Kong said "England, I know we just like got here but why does the house feel so...dead? You always said that a home has a soul and I think this ones is dead."

He froze for a second before saying "Its just you're not used to being here anymore, it's always felt like this."

Hong kong stayed quiet, as did the others. They all knew something was wrong but they couldn't pinpoint it. England led them into the living room where there were a bunch of papers on the table as well as some books and tea.
"Sorry, I haven't cleaned the table yet, or anything for that matter." As he picked up the paperwork and books, taking them upstairs into his study.

Sealand and Wy were bored even though they just got there so with the permission of Australia and America (not the best people to be asking permission from guys) they snuck off.

England hadn't noticed them being gone since he was making everyone's beverage of choice. India and Hong Kong took tea (ovbiously) as well as New Zealand and Egypt (they are 7th and 9th respectively), the rest had hot chocolate. With marshmallows, that America produced from an inside pocket, no one questioned it because it's America.