chasing butterflies, charlie weasley

Charlie Weasley

Charlie Weasley

Chasing Butterflies

status - available

universe - harry potter

era - pre-golden trio, golden trio era

oc name - ophelia garnett

face claim - astrid berges-frisbey

OPHELIA GARNETT

In Hogwarts, Ophelia Garnett was a bit of a nobody, more attuned to sticking into the shadows, mostly attributed to her need to hide her struggles at all costs. For outside of the comforting halls of Hogwarts, she is passed around, sleeping on the couches of friends of her parent's that pity her and her situation enough to let her stay. 

It wasn't until she met a certain redhead, their friendship evolving and growing constantly, that she felt comfortable enough sharing her past. But of course, Charlie Weasley couldn't keep his mouth shut, accidentally letting the news slip to his Mum, that his closest friend didn't exactly have a supportive or structured household and that pity was practically the only thing keeping her off the streets. 

And once Molly Weasley learned of the news, Ophelia would never have to go back to sleeping on couches because she always had a place at the Burrow. She soon becomes a practical member of the family, growing closer with every member until shortly after graduation Ophelia disappears without a trace, leaving just a thank you note behind. 

All the Weasleys were understandably upset, someone who had they practically thought of as a sister and daughter became a ghost story overnight with Charlie not even knowing where she was. 

But it wasn't until she made a reappearance years later, never one to miss a fight, that finally, the alluring butterfly of Ophelia Garnett is captured, this time hopefully for good. 

OTHER INFO

- didn't quite think I was gonna come up with many other harry potter plots since my recent disillusionment with the fandom but here we are!

- ophelia struggles with generosity and constantly wants to not let her scenario burden others, this leads to why she left the weasley family so suddenly following graduation. 

- I think that ophelia should make her reappearance to the weasley family in order of the phoenix potentially when they arrive at grimmauld place however you could also work her in earlier potentially with goblet of fire

- I don't particularly mind if you want to write out ophelia and charlie's full backstory, only write out their last year at Hogwarts, or start the story in order of the phoenix with flashbacks, it's up to you! 

- ophelia's nicknames include 'o' or 'lia' but you are completely free to use any other ideas.

- you can decide her blood status but I like to think that she would have one parent who is a wizard/witch and one who is a muggle. obviously, her parents died due to an accident of some sort, feel free to make this incident whatever you like. 

- obviously, ophelia is practically adopted into the weasley family similar to how harry was later on, and she spends christmases and holidays with them. also I would love for molly to knit her a sweater!

- I didn't completely decide on what should be the direct cause of why she left the burrow, so that's also up to you but I did think it could be something to do with charlie. 

- I would like it if you kept the face claim but I was worrying that astrid is too overused so whatever you decide! her name is changeable but I would prefer if you kept the title because of how it works with the plot. 

- please let me know if anyone would like this plot and I am happy to go into more detail!

PASSWORD

who is your favourite weasley family member?