Darkness always lurks

Happy Spoopy month!

Only 28 more days till Halloween, hang in there everyone!

Until then, I shall write a few spooky themed stories for this occasion. Some short, some long, but mostly monster or supernatural related, so please feel free to ask for anything spooky related!

Requested by AsterGhost

Hope you and everyone here enjoys it!

Warning: swears, OOC characters?

*---------------------------------------------------------*

"If something goes wrong and Justin asks I'm blaming you, Squid."

"Wait what-"

Dan, Squid, and James had all gathered around one cold Halloween night to bask in the holiday for all of it's spooky glory.

Of course Dan, a scientist, wanted to take this opportunity to answer the age old question of 'Are Ghosts real?'. In order to do that, however he needed to do some convincing to the guy that has worked with spirits in the past.

That was were James comes in, holding a book under his arm and grumbling to himself. He used to work with magic and witchcraft back in Crazy Craft, so he knew a thing or two about summoning things like spirits. He tried to refuse but in the end he caved, mainly due to both Dan and Squid cornering him.

"This is the place." Dan exclaimed.

Right in front of them was a huge metal gate. Vines could be seen climbing up the rusty old metal and it almost looked abandoned.

Dan pushed the gate opened and Squid pulled out a flashlight. James was having second thoughts.

"We should probably head back-" He said as he tried to turn around. James' wrist was then grabbed by Dan.

"Too late to back out now, let's go."

And so, they were off. Strolling down the thin dirt road that wove through the multiple graves and tombs in which the dead were laid to rest. The three of them stopped in what looked to be the middle.

"Alright, James. What does the book say?"

Sighing, James opened the dark leather that bound the many pages in his hands.

"First, we need two circles. One drawn from chalk, the other being made of salt."

Dan immediately started on the chalk circle while Squid went to work on putting the salt everywhere.

"Next, we draw the runes.... I should probably do this bit."

As much as James didn't want to participate, he didn't want to risk them potentially messing something up and getting themselves hurt or killed, especially with something as tedious as the runes.

"Okay... Now we place the black candles...."

Dan grabbed and placed all six of them down and around the chalk circle.

"The candles must now be lit..."

James' eyes followed Squid as he went around to light every candle.

Taking a deep breath, he looked down at the book.

"To..." James paused. If he was going to do this, he was going all out.

"ኲጤ ሃኡኚ ኴጢሀጣሀኲ ኲኑሃኲ የየሃኡካኪጣኴ ሃኒጤኡኪ.

ቧየጣሀኪካ ካኪኪጢ የኡካኪጣኡኪሃኲኑ ሃ ኴኲጤኡኪ.