D - 5.1

Soobin closed the diary as he slowly looked down.

"I'm sorry" he whispered.

He feels as if he's losing her. He knew she'd want to see him but more than that, he wanted to see her. See her smiling, again. The way her dimples formed as she stares at him. How he caught her staring at him as she looked away blushing, for all those years.

I was just a coward. I knew you liked me.

He put the diary beside him and started to pray, his hands trembled and his tears slowly starting to form with the thought of her to be dead.

It's been so long now. He'd glance at his watch as his heart is racing.

Please, stay alive. Please.

+++

It has been months since she had been unconscious, laying still on the hospital bed. There wasn't much anyone could do. Just waiting for the day she'd hopefully get up again.

Soobin, back to his life. His sister is doing well now and his family is doing great. Somehow, he'd always think back to that day. Whenever that happens, he'll read her writing again and would resent how he missed her before her operation.

He sighed, putting his books aside, he grabbed his phone. He again scroll the messages he sent to her everyday. He typed,

Today, I had lunch with our old classmates from high school during lunch, no one new, just some of us from the college, your two friends were there as well, they said that y'all have a secret box and they brought it. They opened it and there were letter, sealed. With your names. We opened the last letter you kept, with your writing saying that it should opened after 5 months when your presence is not with us. Wow, it has been so long. You wrote that you regret not letting me know you liked me while we were in high school and that if you make it out through that hell, you'll tell me. I really couldn't believe how much you were liking me the whole time when we don't even talk, i somehow feel so lucky. I really meant what I told you and yes, I'm still waiting for y

-

As he was typing, he got a call from the hospital. His heart started to race as he gets nervous but quickly picked it up, deep down, he was afraid that she's gone.

"Hello?"

"She woke up!"

He couldn't think of anything anymore. He left all his stuff at the library and rushed out. When he reached the hospital, he ran up to her room, with her dad standing outside, wiping his tears.

"Sir" Soobin called as he started to pant.

"Oh Soobin, you're here. She don't remember us but she's really open" he replied and smiled. "Young lad, make sure to make a good impression" he continued as he pat on Soobin's back. "Now, get in"

"Thank you" Soobin said as he bowed.

His hands trembled as he reached for the door knob. His heart pounding so fast as he opens the door. By in a second, his whole body is filled with peace and happiness. His heart flutters as she looked up to him with a bright smile, like she knows he's the guy she liked.

"Hi, I'm Aera! Who are you?" She asked with a big smile.

"Hi Aera. Nice to meet you. I'm Choi Soobin".

+×+

THE END