𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖋𝖎𝖊𝖑𝖉𝖘

when i finally woke up i wasn't at my house anymore. i was at the hospital. everything was so blurry. i felt so tired. the weakness of my body was something i never felt before. like i haven't eaten in days. 

"nailea?"i heard nic's soft voice when i finally started seeing clearly. 

"hmm..." i mumbled. 

he looked so happy. like he just won a lottery. his face was glowing.  he got closer to me and hugged me softly.

"did i hurt you? was that too tight?" he asked quickly after the hug. 

"no...that was perfect actually." i smiled slowly. 

he smiled back and then hugged me again. 

"nic..." i started.

"yes princess?" he looked at me breaking the hug. 

"what happened to me?"

"oh, well, we were on the phone and you didn't finish the sentence so i was worried sick and drove all the way to your place just to find you on the floor. my heart stopped for a split of a second. i called the ambulance and they came as fast as they could. turns out you have anemia." nic explained. 

"wait...you drove across the city to help me?" 

"well...yeah, i wasn't going to leave you there." 

"thank you." i said and looked him deep in the eyes. 

in that moment i knew. nic kauffman is my soulmate.