Chapter 1

Sleeping in the Milburn household is like a rollercoaster, without the ups. Otis's constant wanking problem, the random men bursting into our rooms after a "therapy" session with Jean and let's not forget the continuously unwanted therapy from the woman herself.

"No! This is most definitely not the bathroom!" Otis yelled from his room, the walls in this house were notably thin.
"My bad, umm, where is it?" came a calmer voice from the same place.
"It's on your left" Otis responded.
"Cheers dude" the voice said before shutting his door.

Without warning my bedroom door flies open and a man in a yellow dressing gown looks from my shocked face back to Otis's door.

"Still not the bathroom" he muttered to himself, "Sorry- I I'm Dan." he awkwardly shuffled towards me and held out his hand. I stared at it blankly and he quickly retracted.
"I, I umm- I am-"
"Sleeping with Jean?" I interrupted
"Yes right, I am."

We both stared at one another in an awkward silence.

"The bathrooms your other left."
"Right got it, thanks." he smiled awkwardly before closing the door behind himself.
I layed back down and covered my face with my duvet deciding to sleep of this morning's antics.

"y/n, get up" Otis called whilst knocking on my door.
"It's your first official day at Moordale" he continued.
I sat upright and checked the time, shit, I was going to be late on my first day.
"I'm coming." I called to Otis as I dressed and fixed my hair.

----------------------------------------------------

"Morning darling" Jean smiled as I walked through to the kitchen.
Otis was occupied eating cereal and entertaining himself with Dan.
"Are you having some preemptive midlife crisis?"
"Otis..." Jean turns from me and Dan laughs awkwardly.
"Take a seat, teas still hot." she says, motioning you to join them.
"Mum, he rides a motorbike."

As your pouring in your milk you begin to drown out the conversation around you, mainly because this isn't the first time Otis has questioned an unknown man sleeping with his Mother.

But you're quickly snapped out of your day dreaming with another one of Otis' snide remarks.

"Do you have an Oedipal complex?"
You half laugh and half choke on your tea as Dan looks around the table confused.
"He means, do you want to have sex with your mum Dan." you say raising your eyebrow at him.

Dan looks to Jean who seems to be holding in laughter before responding to Otis' question.

"Ummm, no I don't"
"Right that's enough you two off to school" Jean says to the pair of you still holding in her laughter.

You both roll your eyes as you stand up grabbing your bags.

"It's okay if that's not true Dan!" you call from the front door.
"Bye Mum!"

As the door closes you hear Jean apologising for your questions.
"Well he's different..."
"Too right, didn't think she was into men that much younger than her"
The two of you laugh as you make your way up the steps.

"Why are the two of you so happy this morning" Eric asks, looking between the two of you.
"My mum slept with a 32 year old man" Otis responded.
"So we asked if he wanted to have sex with his mum" you say casually, mounting your bike.
"Just another morning in the Milburn house then" Eric laughs as the three of you bike off to school.

----------------------------------------------------

"Sooo, y/n, are you nervous for your first ever day at Moordale?" Eric asks snapping you out of yet another daydream.
You half nod half shake your head as you gather your senses and focus on the path.
"Should I be nervous?" you counter.

Otis and Eric exchange looks before laughing together.
"Great, I can't wait!" you shout sarcastically, disrupting their taunting.
"It'll be fine y/n, you've got nothing to worry about" Otis says. But you're unsure as to whether or not he's joking.

----------------------------------------------------

Walking into the school, people are staring at you from all over. Eric and Otis are gossiping like school girls about who's changed.
"Is that Tom Baker?" Otis asks surprised.
"Sure is," Eric replies, half in disbelief, "I'm telling you man, everyone has had sex over the summer."
You laugh as you put your bike into the stand, "Yeh everyone except you."
Eric looks half shocked by your statement but burts out into uncontrollable laughter.
"Hey! You're a virgin too!" Otis whisper shouts as he unclasps his helmet.
"I didn't say I wasn't, but at least I can have a wank..." you say with a growing smile.

You don't hear what he says next as your eyes watch a girl with pink hair, a leather jacket and boots saunter across the field.

"That's Maeve." Eric answers, somehow knowing your question, "I heard she bit Simon Furthassle on the scrote." he says turning to Otis.
"Oh come on, that can't be true" Otis looks her up and down in disbelief.
Eric ignores him and continues speaking, all the while your eyes follow her as she walks up the steps, flips a group of - what can only be the 'popular kids' - off and carries on inside.

----------------------------------------------------

"This is our year!" Eric exclaims, standing proudly at the top of the school steps, "We must transform!"
You turn to face him standing in the doorway of the schools entrance, "You need to calm down Mr-High-and-Mighty" you laugh as you roll your eyes turning the corner to find the office.
"See you later y/n!" Otis calls from behind.

----------------------------------------------------

After your brief introduction you're handed a timetable without a tour or instructions and the bell rings.
Shit.
Without paying attention you rush around the corridors trying to find your class, your eyes at glued to the piece of paper in your hands. As your rounding a corner you bump into someone.

"Are you a complete moron?"
You scatter to the floor picking up this person's things, "No, I'm not."
"That was a rehtorical question."
You pick up a book from the floor, Emma by Jane Austen.
"Nice choice" you say looking up and handing the book back.
"He-..." As you try and speak your mind goes blank as you stare into her eyes, this is Maeve.
"Don't touch my shit" she growls and snatches the books back.
You look at your empty hand and then to the book.
Maeve begins to open her mouth but is cut of by a booming voice from down the corridor.
"Guys! You're not supposed to run in the hallway."

With your mind still on Maeve you can't seem to form words, you just stare blankly at her but as she looks at you, you quickly turn your head.

"It was my fault." she replies "Fuck off, butter fingers" she says with a grimaced look on her face.

You quickly make your way past her but slow down when she turns away.

A grunt comes from the place you crashed into Maeve and you turn to see a boy keeled over his stomach and Maeve walking towards you smuggly.

She spots you staring again and rolls her eyes, "I thought I told you to fuck off?" she looks you up and down expecting an answer.
"Was that a question I'm supposed to answer?" you ask with a smirk.
She rolls her eyes again and brushes past you, bashing her shoulder with yours. You chuckle under your breath and she flips you off without breaking her stride.

Standing in the corridor you look once more at your timetable. English. Fuck.