What You Saw, How You Think

Wendy's POV

I put my hands over my face, shielding my face from the ceiling.

Don't think. Don't think.

"Sealed within her?! That's crazy!" Killua exclaimed, standing from his seat and slamming his hands onto the table.

"She just happened to be one person we selected out of billions," Zeref replied, eerily calm as he laced his fingers together.

Peeling my hands from my face, I stared up at the white ceiling. Spinning.

Sickening.

"When she was five? Isn't that a bit inhumane?" Akame remarked quietly.

"She's not the only case," Zeref said, shooting me a knowing glance. "A bit ironic coming from your background, Akame."

Naruto, my frown just becoming more apparent. And he was probably younger. But... why don't I remember this then?

Spinning. Everything is spinning.

"Wendy, do you know your parents?" Zeref asked, turning to look at me.

"I don't care who my blood related parents are," I replied, staring at him with caution. "The only parents who matter to me are Grandeeney and..."

"That doesn't matter. What I mean is that they were ones who cross worlds and gave birth to you," Zeref said as he looked away. "The Council must have seen that as an opportunity because your parents passed away. You, a reliable host with parents who were confirmed to both have crossed over who died, you were the most viable candidate."

It's dizzying. I feel dizzy.

"So is the only reason why she's here because the Council wants to keep tabs on her?" Kokichi asked, tilting the side of his head down towards the table.

"No, I wanted to bring her here to keep her close to my side," Zeref stated with confidence. "It was my mistake to let her go to Konoha and not extracting her as soon as possible. But I couldn't because she was recovering and entering the village and taking her would have made things complicated."

A person of convenience. Dragged into this nonsense because of how useful of a host I was.

"Then the disease is active within me because she herself was sealed inside?" I asked, placing a hand on my stomach.

I recalled of all the times of having burning sensations within the pits of my stomach whenever I lost control. Always my stomach because of the seal. Then my lungs because of the disease.

"Correct," Zeref stated as he extended two fingers towards me. "You and Naruto are extremely similar in those cases. If one of you were to let the being inside you take control, then you would be possessed. In your case, indefinitely. Forever."

Why am I even upset? There's nothing to be angry over.

"Then is that why... is that why everyone hated me?" I asked in a quiet voice, earning confused stares from the others. But Zeref knew what I spoke of.

"Yes. Victoria, your teacher, her family has passed down the knowledge of traversing worlds," Zeref replied as I bit my tongue a the memory of that woman. "Her family passes down the seat of Council, so she knew what you were."

No, I know why. I'm just pushing all these emotions away.

"Shouldn't you wipe her memory since she isn't a Council member anymore?" I asked, gritting my teeth.