Mistreated

Wendy's POV

Fate must really hate me.

Man, life really does suck. Throwing all that stuff at you. Ahhhhhhh. No no no no nope. No buddy. That's a nah for me. Hopefully she doesn't recognize me and stuff. Praying--

"You," she growled.

Shit.

"I remember you," she said, grabbing a pig tail.

T R I G G E R E D right now. FU--

I just stayed quiet. I bit my lips with my canine teeth to make sure I didn't say anything stupid. It happens to me a lot. I used to say without thinking, so I would shut up now.

"Have I seen you before?" Victoria asked, "I'll never forget a face. Especially with such eyes."

"I don't think I've met you before," I said.

She grabbed my chin and stared at me straight in my eyes. Her icy blue pupils boring into my brown orbs. I saw her eyes start to seemingly pierce through my soul. Her mind seemed to be at work. Something flashed in her eyes: familiarity. I inwardly cursed in my mind as her nails seemed to dig in my chin.

"Now I remember," she hissed, "It may be different, but the glow is the same."

She grabbed my arm as I raised my own. Her grip released my arm. The woman stiffened as I stopped and lowered my arm. My eyes just stared at the ground as Victoria grabbed my arm again. I sucked in air through my nose as pain emitted from her nails as she seized my arm.

Rules of Mavis and Zeref: Do not use magic on civilians.

Ah, is it so wrong to hate that rule.

Because I do.

Her nails dug into my arm as she dragged me somewhere. I just stayed silent as the other kids giggled at me, eating sushi as I was thrown into a room. Victoria took a a file of papers and scanned the papers. She glanced at my face and frowned.

"I'm only here because my grandmother owns this place. It got transferred to me after she passed away. I don't understand... you should be dead," she hissed, "How are you even here?"

I shrugged, "Hey, life is unfair."

Her eyes flashed as she brought me over to a door to the cellar.

Uh, no

"Hah, did you think you were even worthy of shelter?" she barked, "When you took away mine?"

Whoa, was she now assuming I was going around and wrecking houses? I could just stand there and shake my head so hard, I would get a headache.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said.

I started pry her hand off, but her hand glowed. It felt... ancient. Old. Mysterious. Victoria threw me onto the ground and just bared her teeth at me as if I was some... animal. Wow. How flattering. I stood up and just faced her.

"Don't you dare look at me like that," she said with her voice cracking.

Wow, she be trippin'

She left me there.

Do I even get a room?

---

Wow, she really was expecting me to sleep in the basement. There was a blanket, pillow, and everything. And yes, I considered a blanket and a pillow to be everything. It was enough, since I could create heat and light on my own.