Chunin Exams, pt. 2: Forest of Death

Wendy's POV

I gasped silently. We were about to approach my home territory. At that point, I was panicking. No wonder no one let me inside there when seen. That wasn't good.

We're going near home turf. Zeref could be in there, and he could kill people. And I left my library books in there... I'm not paying for damaged books.

I zoned out of our proctor's directions.

So basically we had to get both scrolls, the Heaven Scroll and the Earth Scroll. We had three days to reach the tower in the center.

Stay close and stay safe.

We got the the Heaven scroll. Easy, home territory. Ever since I moved out of the Red-Light District, I moved to the Forest of Death. What's worse than that? Honestly, I was pretty sure I was going to be okay. My instincts jumped as I saw a kunai about to hit Naruto. I reacted and caught the handle.

Oops.

"Show off," muttered Ino, "People like you don't deserve to be a ninja."

"You dropped this," I told the proctor, giving her the kunai.

She grinned, "You spunky little brat! I kinda like you! Sorry, your blonde friend over there was zoning out!"

"Please don't hurt him," I said.

"We'll see."

I felt numerous glares and stares. I didn't like being the center of attention. In my mind, I wanted them to look away. It was unnerving.

In the corner of my eye, I saw some lady eyeing Sasuke eagerly. She was from the Grass Village, so I had no idea how she knew Sasuke, but there was a chance she was a fan girl. The Uchiha were a well known clan after all. Her stare was weird though. It looked hungry.

'Honestly, are they jealous? Everyone should be able to do that.'

Not everyone works as hard, I guess.

I looked at Ami's team who had an Earth scroll. Too bad, we need that. A diabolical plot emerged from my brain to target their team first.

"Go!" the proctor yelled.

We all rushed in. I sniffed, trying to pinpoint Ami's scent. Ami smelled like cinnamon. Sharp and sweet scented. There was a hint of lemon, so I tried to detect that too. I tilted my head to the east and caught a faint hint of it. My nose sniffed a bit longer as I confirmed it was her.

"Follow me," I commanded.

"How do you know where we're going?" Sakura asked.

"I have good tracking skills," I answered, "We're gonna go

"Wait! I have to piss," Naruto admitted.

I nodded. To everyone else's horror, Naruto started to squat down in front of a tree. He grabbed his pants when the other two flipped out.

"Go in the bushes!" Sakura yelled, "Don't do it here!"

Sasuke face palmed.

After waiting, Naruto came out, but he smelled different, and looked slightly different. I threw a kunai at them, but he dodged.

"Your jutsu is so bad," I taunted lightly, "Honestly, Naruto could do even better."

The fake Naruto undid his jutsu. Kirikagure. He ran. I sniffed the air. Naruto! I ran behind a tree and cut his ropes. We met up back with Sasuke.