1

A taxi passed in front of me and screeched to stop, as I was facing the Grefley hotel. The facade of the building was elegantly emblazoned with extravagant designs and posh architecture. I escaped the late evening traffic, didn't care about the reception, and crashed into the lift. I was wearing a black blazer dress with a Gucci belt, high heels, a matching jockey plunge black bra, and a high waist bikini under (a little detailing will not kill).

I halted on floor no 5 and went on for a hunt. The hotel looked mostly empty except for a few rooms, in which they might be glued to the newly released trending reality show. My body felt some kind of fear gripping the senses and numbness conquering it. I stopped my hapless steps in the lobby and planned my way, how to get my disobedient legs to room no 303.

I was feeling itchiness raiding my left breast, sweat fuelling it up. I glanced around, as I felt someone's presence observing me. I just heard the dying sound of lagging pair of shoes going away. With watchful eyes, I slipped my fingers inside my plunge and scratched to my fill, quickly. Not very soon, but I somehow found that bitch 303.

I rang the bell and got closer to the door. There was no reply. 'what the hell is this now?' Again, I rang the bell, now, the doorknob turned and it opened with a small creak. 'No, I am already tired, and don't want this type of shit to ruin my rest of the day.' A tall, slender necked with blue dyed cropped hair and quite a sexy middle-aged lady appeared before me.

"Madam, if I get something wrong, please forgive me. Is this all a prank, ah?" I got her, sturdily.
"What is a prank? I don't get you, young lady" she frowned and spoke in a heavy British accent.
"Prank! Which Mary told you to act."
"Again, who is this Mary?" She drew up a confused and angry face.
"So, you don't know the one who gave you some bucks to fool me?"
"Yes, and who is this 'one' and...wh..why am I talking anything about anybody with somebody I don't...?" She got to the pinnacle of her rage and confusion.

She slammed the door shut, immediately. Judging my feelings, if I had a gun, I would have surely shot the lady at point-blank. I thought I made her a debt by making her lose a nail-biting part of that new reality show and savored the guilty pleasure. Now, Have I got amnesia or this is not the room? I wasn't able to explain it to myself. My hand grabbed the hanging tote bag to dig out my phone, but my thoughts won the race and the result, "what if it's room no 203?"

"Okay, let's give it a try," I said to myself, bulging with hope.

While getting into the lift, my thoughts were running about my memories with Mary. Nothing great from the past, but nowadays, she got persistent with me to join the fashion industry. I am not able to get the reason for this new behavior. So, I just reply to her, "would think about it later."

I was not making- good- relations- with- others type girl, but an introvert and an anti-social person. Mary is the only lonely friend I ever had till now and we were best friends since high school. As far as I know about her, she is an independent lady, never asking others to help her. She feels embarrassed about it. An  Inherited trait got from her Texas mother.

We made ourselves a little promise on some occasion(which, I forgot about)to meet once every week or once at least a month and enjoy till our heads get heavy. This was the only way, we would be like two peas in a pod and relieve ourselves of our work stress. Last time, we booked a suite at a resort and made some of our unforgettable memories. So, this time, keeping budget in mind, she planned for something simple and this is the reason for me roaming in this labyrinth.