Chapter 18 ( Overreacting )

*knock knock*

The front door opened as Dianne stood there in her pajamas.

"Leah? Whats wrong? Why are you here this late?"
Dianne said with a concern tone.
I shrugged and smile.
"Uhm can i stay here for the night?"
My hands made their way in my pockets nervously.
Dianne smiled and invited me in .
She gave me a cup of tea and we both sat at the living room couch.
.
.
.
"Wanna tell me why you're here?"
Dianne questioned.
"Promise you won't tell anyone okay"
I hesitantly said
"Gurl , if i were to reveal your secrets i would have told everyone , the day you shat your pants in PE during 9th grade "

Dianne laid back on the couch laughing her ass off.
I giggled and threw a pillow to her face jokingly.

"Well... Miss Zoe and I kinda kiss "
As Dianne was about to sip on her tea she slowly turned her head to me with her eyes wide , speechless hearing what i said.

"No fucking way"
Placing her tea on the table before smirking and started clapping her hands happily.

"oh my gawd! Gurl you did not.."
She held both of my shoulders shaking them back and forth.
" Y-Yes , cut it out OMG it's just a kiss "
I looked away from dianne.
"Just a KISS? nah gurl YOU KISSED MISS ZOE THAT'S MORE THAN JUST A KISS"

There goes Dianne freaking out about something thats not a big deal . Well i gotta admit , I don't know where i got the balls to kiss Miss Zoe out of no where .

But it got me rethinking and abit of regret cause i took the advantage kissing her without thinking whether she likes it or not ....

"Listen , Dianne i have no where to go , i need a place to stay."
I said trying not to sound desperate that i need to stay here to avoid Miss Zoe . Although i could go back home since i have the keys but like i said i don't do well living alone .

"Ofcourse you can stay ! Maam you're welcome anytime . The door is always open for you "
Dianne smiled and gave me a hug .

"Thanks Bestie , I won't stay long though . I just need time to get myself together"
I replied.

"Well make yourself at home . I'll be in my room . You can order anything online if you're hungry . "
Dianne handed her Credit card for me to use. She winked and head to her room.

I smiled and placed her card in the desk . I won't be needing it , I can use my own money .

I went to get a warm bath and Dianne gave me a set of fresh clothes she rarely wears .
.
.
.
.

(Zoe Kristen POV)

Leah left me in her room bringing her bag with her leaving the house . I chased her downstairs only to know she had already left .

I hesitantly took my phone to call her until i heard a ringtone coming from her room..

Shit she left her phone . How the hell am i supposed to contact her .

I sigh and slightly panicked .
Her words still shocked me till now cause i wasn't expecting her to confessed to me out of no where.
.
.
.
So... I was reading the signs correctly then.
She was into me the whole time.
She wasn't just being friendly, she was mostly flirting with me.

How could i be so blind .

I took my car keys and went to find her . She left without leaving any clues so i didn't really have a plan.

My first thought was maybe she went to the hospital to visit her brother . Although it didn't make such sense since the hospital is so far from here but she could have took a cab with some left over money she had in her bag .

I drove my way to the hospital . It was almost like chaotic scene. It started to rain heavily, i was worried to death thinking whether she's okay or not .
.
.
.
I arrived to the hospital quickly made my way to Her brother's room.

I barged in without even thinking to knock.

"Leah!!"
I said with a worried tone.

"Miss Zoe?"
Right before my eyes was no Leah but her Brother Frey sitting on a rocking chair . His leg was functioning better than before . Thats a relief.

"Miss Zoe right? Uh Leah's teacher?"
He questioned.

"Oh sorry for barging in... I thought she would be here."
I looked down on him trying to cover my worried face.
"What do you mean . You thought she was here? Isn't she with you?"
Frey asked.
"She ran away . We kinda had a fight and she left. I thought she would come here"
I replied.

The room went silent for a few seconds. Frey looked out the window for a moment. And then he laughed .
"I think this will be the last place she would want to visit if she ran away Haha"
Frey jokingly said.
"He would know i would scolded her for running away immaturely"
He laughed once again while slightly rocking his chair back and forth.

"You aren't mad we fought?"
I find myself a seat .
"Mad at you? No haha . I'm mad at her . Fighting is something everyone goes through once in a while . Its how you deal them . Not violence , not ignorance but how to solve it one and another."
Frey said while sipping on his coffee looking unbothered.

"What were you guys fighting about?"
He questioned once again.
For the first time a simple question made my heart flutter.

Why .
Why do i feel like this .

I shook my head and calm myself down.
"Just something related with homework"
I lied.

"Are you sure? Or is it something begining with the letter L?"
Frey smirked and looked at me.

L? L what? What word starts with L?
Lesson? Lord? Levi? learn?! LEARN YES.

"Oh YEAH. uh Learn yea she was having trouble with learning."
I hesitantly said. This sounds like a horrible lie.

He shook his head .
"Love"

My body went stiff and turned my head to him slowly.
"L-Love?"
I stuttered.

"She told me everything. I know i shouldn't be telling you this . But since you're here and i dont know when I will have the chance to talk to you privately without her around "

Frey replied while smirking.

"Haha i don't understand . What do you mean by Love?"
I scatch my head yearning for a better explanation. What did he mean by she told him everything?"

"You guys fought because of love , i know Leah well. No matter how stressful learning is but she won't do anything miraculous over learning . But Love is indeed something she will do just to have it "

He said calmly , not even sounding worried.

I didn't wanna believe it . I wanted to keep lying so he would believe me . BUT I couldn't process a word.

"You don't have to keep making up a story.
It's okay she loves you with all her heart and she probably think you felt uncomfortable when she confessed so she ran away . Thinking its a good idea ."

Frey's words keeps on coming and i had no more ideas to tell him but just accept the fact all he's saying is true.

Leah likes me.