Ch 1

"Papa."

There was a small sound in the quiet confined space.

Huu, it hurts.

Ian slowly retracted his hand to push the lid of the coffin and whispered twice.

Vampires have strong night vision capabilities. Although he is not so "pure", he can still clearly see a red mark on his palm.

Ian blinked.

Although he used to be just a small existence who was at the bottom in terms of strength at the castle, he was not so weak that he wouldn't be able to open the coffin in which he slept.

Just when Ian was confused, an unbearable sense of hunger rushed into his belly.

The desire for blood immediately turned his eyes red, and a thin layer of mist filled them.

At this moment, the beautiful apricot eyes under his slender eyelashes looked like sparkling burgundy gems.

Wu wu, so hungry.

He has to find a way to get out quickly.

Ian took a deep breath, he exerted the maximum strength that is used during hunting, and pushed the lid of the coffin— only being able to open a small palm sized gap.

It's really a bit heartbreaking.

But Ian came up with an idea, his body shrunk so fast that he turned into a small bat the size of a fur ball and nimbly burrowed out of the gap.

As soon as he came out, Ian quickly turned back into his human form.

The bright sunlight poured quietly into the room, shining on Ian's overly beautiful face.

The golden sunlight intertwined with the complicated clothing studded with gold threads on his body, making him look like an extremely delicate doll.

It seems like...something is wrong?

Ian keenly discovered that his coffin had started to disappear little by little the moment he came out.

He looked around vigilantly and found that the familiar furnishings around him were slowly changing in appearance.

Ian's originally small and secluded room was not as spacious as it is now.

There is no luxurious crystal lamp hanging from the ceiling, nor those colorful oil paintings hanging on the walls.

Looking at all this, Ian's delicate eyebrows were slightly furrowed, and there was a trace of confusion on his face.

What is going on?

Is it another prank played by those nasty guys in the castle?

Thinking of this, Ian couldn't help but puff up his cheeks.

As a half-vampire, he was originally unaware of his identity and had been growing up in a hospital getting only some meager food.
(T/n: original word was hospice but it's also a hospital so...I used hospital instead.)

He was weak and his face was pale.

The kind-hearted Mrs. Maria in the hospital did not give up on him, she has been persevering in finding a doctor for Ian who can treat him.

Unexpectedly, she really met the blood elder who claimed to be a doctor, and the other party saw Ian's identity at a glance and took him away.

After being taken back to the castle by the so-called blood clan's elder, Ian had to live among a group of blood clan members, who were above him.